Feedback What's your point of view with "over sharing"?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not EOF because I'm expecting serious answers.

Sometimes I feel like expressing how I'm feeling or what's been happening to me lately, and that means both bad and good things.

I had to learn to keep to myself because, in my point of view, "sharing your feelings" in the Internet is a waste of time/effort... at least that's what I think nowadays.
Some things are better left outside, rather than within you. I think... almost everyone can relate to that feeling... being alone with your own thoughts can be more damaging than talking to someone. And even then, finding someone who truly cares or advices can be difficult if not impossible.

This thought has made me curious and I'd like to know your personal point of view regarding "over sharing" in the Internet. Better put, using the Internet as a scape goat for bad and good thoughts/feelings.

As a last message, if anyone here would like to share or just talk with someone, you can count with me.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sharing your own feelings with someone you really trust can help them better understand you more, especially if you're going through a bad day for example. I think that nobody should really bottle up their feelings as things can get worst for them overtime, leading up to mental and physical health issues in severe cases.

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: RHOPKINS13

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I over share, always, and unapologetically. If people don't ask me to stop, well... That's on them I guess. But if I need to share something, you're going to hear it unless you shut me up. 🫠

Reactions: SylverReZ

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes, over sharing to a loved one doesn’t go as planned. Maybe I’m scared. Maybe I don’t want the opportunity to be judged.

I find that over sharing with a complete stranger helps. They don’t know me. They might judge me, but I’m not trying to be their friend…….yet. Ultimately, I really don’t care for their input. I just need to tell someone. Perhaps to vent, but mostly I’m not confident that my loved ones will receive my over sharing well. Maybe I’ll get an eye roll. Or maybe, someone will interrupt me and derail my train of thought.

I find it to be helpful, for me, to over share. Strangers are my favorite subjects.

Over internet, though. Unless it’s in a PM to someone I’ve known for years, I probably won’t over share. Each time I’ve tried, I end up deleting my post before I can post it. It’s scary to think that my thought will live forever, in a cloud. Also, I might need a more “take-me-serious” avatar.

Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ArtisanHyren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you feel someone has to know, not like everyone is going to listen to or archive everything you've ever said. Most of the time it would never harm you unless you want that first impression and you are not feeling yourself.

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question that first comes to mind for me is what is oversharing? just sharing anything personal with someone or kind of like info dumping of something you love? Personally speaking I don't share much with anyone unless i need a second opinion, I'm a good listener though!

dudeguy2022

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that talking to people about your problems can be good, IN MODERATION. It can be both physically dangerous to you and the people around you if you overshare too much, and it can also just be annoying to the people around you if you're constantly giving other people your problems. But, I'm not really sure what you mean by "oversharing," what I thought you meant is talking about your problems to other people online, both people you know IRL or randoms. I personally don't really share stuff about my life unless other people are genuinely interested or want to help me, because otherwise it seems like I'm just projecting or being annoying.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

Atomyiik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ocfrom.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh... you probably shouldn't overshare. Oversharing could lead you in a very vulnerable position if you're talking to the wrong person, especially on the internet. However, if you must, you probably should only overshare anonymously, so ya don't get hurt!

Reactions: dudeguy2022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1