Hardware What's best for GBA?

ZenchiZennou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have an M3 Lite Perfect, a M3DS Real with GBA expansion slot and an EZFlash V 3-in-1. Just wondering which is best for playing GBA games. Very important are game compatibility and playing games as smoothly as possible.

Can someone explain whether these carts can be used with games with Real Time Clock capabilities like Pokémon games? Also what do you suggest to play first for someone that has never played Pokémon before? Is playing the older Gameboy games necessary? Maybe this isn't even possible with emulators on DS?

EDIT:

Forgot to ask whether saves made on a certain cart can be used to play on other carts?

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Mario and Luigi : Supersaga
GTA
random pokemon games
random dragon ball games
etc..etc

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZenchiZennou said:
I have an M3 Lite Perfect, a M3DS Real with GBA expansion slot and an EZFlash V 3-in-1. Just wondering which is best for playing GBA games. Very important are game compatibility and playing games as smoothly as possible.

Can someone explain whether these carts can be used with games with Real Time Clock capabilities like Pokémon games? Also what do you suggest to play first for someone that has never played Pokémon before? Is playing the older Gameboy games necessary? Maybe this isn't even possible with emulators on DS?

EDIT:

Forgot to ask whether saves made on a certain cart can be used to play on other carts?
Lameboy (GBC Emu) has real time clock support for pokemon games. I dunno about DS-GBA though. Lameboy can be used on all carts, ds-gba can only be used on iplayer.
And as long as you use the same emulator, transferring save files to other carts shouldn't be a problem.

ZenchiZennou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry for the late reply guys. I suppose it really doesn't matter what cart I use for playing GBA games. I'll just experiment a little and see what I like best. The iPlayer looks awesome, but I'm not interested in buying a new cart at the moment. It sure is interesting for people with a DSi. Again thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-