Hacking What would I need to get now?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently rocking a Maximus 360 extractor + spear, which has helped me with my liteon 7k series drive. Also got a VIA card installed in an older PC, and flash my own drive using dosflash, only because I've yet to have any such luck with using this combination of hardware with Jungleflasher when I did have a working OS install on the machine that VIA card is currently in (that's a story for another time).

In short, my brother's found some people interested in having me provide service for their 360's, and with him telling me about it, I at least have a chance of ensuring they're savvy enough to know what they're getting into before I accept these clients. But it also makes me realize that I'll probably need to update my current setup for handling 360 DVD drives. For one, it would be nice if I could have something that actually would work with Jungleflasher for a change, and be okay with the hot swapping nature of it. From what it looks like, it seems the two leading solutions are the X360USB Pro and the Maximus lizard (which claims it doesn't need a PC, but nobody yet has shown this to be true on youtube).

To be fair, I'd been out of the loop on this stuff for a while... so, suggestions? personal experience to share? Ease of use and price are among the characteristics that matter. I can keep doing DOSflash if I need to, but as you can probably tell, it's not a favorite way to go for me.

Any help is much appreciated.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I myself use an x360USB Pro with a CK3 lite and a probe v3 for liteons, which in my opinion is the ideal set up especially if you'll be doing it often, there will be some new Team-Xecuter flashing tools released in the near future the ck3i range and the x360USB pro v2 so I'd wait for those if I was you as the ck3 lite and pro are no longer being produced. I've never had a problem with my set up and it has been perfect every time I've used it so would always recommend TX over maximus.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I may ask...

My own 360 uses a Lite-ON drive. However, I just got my hands on a spare BenQ drive, that I was hoping to convert for ripping/dumping games. Is there anything special I would need to do in order to extract the BenQ's drive key? is there any specific hardware needed for that? I'm aware that the drive key is not necessary in this case (the system it came from RRoD'd), but for my personal satisfaction, I'd rather at least know how to do it and be able to do it successfully (and not need it) than need it, and not be able to do it (if that makes any sense to some of you).

With the 'rip/dump' firmware, can the drive key be 'cooked' onto these like it would be for the standard DVD drive firmware like if I was going to put it back in its original console?

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
So, if I may ask...

My own 360 uses a Lite-ON drive. However, I just got my hands on a spare BenQ drive, that I was hoping to convert for ripping/dumping games. Is there anything special I would need to do in order to extract the BenQ's drive key? is there any specific hardware needed for that? I'm aware that the drive key is not necessary in this case (the system it came from RRoD'd), but for my personal satisfaction, I'd rather at least know how to do it and be able to do it successfully (and not need it) than need it, and not be able to do it (if that makes any sense to some of you).

With the 'rip/dump' firmware, can the drive key be 'cooked' onto these like it would be for the standard DVD drive firmware like if I was going to put it back in its original console?

a benq drive is one of the easiest drives to extract the keys from, no ck3 needed or via chip set, so u may as way get your keys and do what u gotta do

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... finally got to take care of the BenQ and my LiteON today with the latest firmwares. The BenQ actually had iXtreme 1.51 already on it...

Now if I had at least a spare sata to eSATA cable, I could get started with using this BenQ for some backup creation of my own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1