Hacking What would happen if the Return to Wii U Menu channel from vWii was ran on an actual Wii?

BiggieCheese

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m morbidly curious to see what would happen. Obviously I know it wouldn’t magically turn the Wii into a Wii U as it’s a totally different console - but what would it do? Assuming it could even be copied from the Wii U’s memory (and packaged into a WAD file or directly exported into a Wii’s NAND) Would it brick or freeze the system, reboot it or maybe pop up some sort of error window due to it being made with a different firmware than what a real, up-to-date Wii would be running on?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I’m morbidly curious to see what would happen. Obviously I know it wouldn’t magically turn the Wii into a Wii U as it’s a totally different console - but what would it do? Assuming it could even be copied from the Wii U’s memory (and packaged into a WAD file or directly exported into a Wii’s NAND) Would it brick or freeze the system, reboot it or maybe pop up some sort of error window due to it being made with a different firmware than what a real, up-to-date Wii would be running on?
Probably just power it off or reboot it. IIRC "powering off" with the power button in vWii mode reboots into Wii U mode instead.

D

Deleted User

in all seriousness the channel just resets the console so either it would lock on a black screen or reboot as normal

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably not. I don't know what would happen though. I know that if you do regionhax, then delete the user associated with that, both the wii u and vwii channels will disappear. is that what you're wanting? I know you can change the location of the wii u disc channel through hex editing; the vwii, I don't know. it won't delete it, just move it.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In all seriousness, I believe that channel just reboots the system. The Wii U will reboot into Wii U mode.

So the Wii will... yeah.

TheTech_Genius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
probably not. I don't know what would happen though. I know that if you do regionhax, then delete the user associated with that, both the wii u and vwii channels will disappear. is that what you're wanting? I know you can change the location of the wii u disc channel through hex editing; the vwii, I don't know. it won't delete it, just move it.
So would that end up completely erasing the Wii U part and make my Wii U a Wii?
Edit: In the vWii, I can access the system settings. WiFi, and all that. If I click the reset option in the vWii settings, does that also wipe the Wii U part and channel and make it a Wii that way?
Edit (again): I am trying to make my Wii U a Wii because I really want to try RiiConnect24 but I can't connect to the internet

Last edited by TheTech_Genius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow