Android What would be the best tablet atm?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nearing Christmas and I've been asked by my farther what I wanted for Christmas. I either said a tablet or a laptop. I suggested him to get the Samsung Galaxy, but he showed me others that looks equally as good and a little be cheaper. Though I don't really know what to chose so I'm asking for your opinion.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well which ones has he shown you? Kindle Fire is damn cool, so is the Nook Color when you root it and overclock it. The HP Touchpad isn't too bad either, if you can find one and put Android on it. There are literally hundreds of them, some are good and some are bad.

Arsic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Asus Transformer, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, or iPad 2.

If you want a 7-8.9" tablet, it's a toss up between Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.

I would snag a Xoom if I hadn't pre-ordered an Asus Transformer Prime (which will be the current best on release, but there's no solid release date before December 16th or so) for this Tegra 3 + Kal-El quad core. I'd also stick with Android.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want the best content ecosystem, it'd be the Kindle Fire ($200). If you want the best specs that run the smoothest, the Transformer Prime ($500) is a safe bet. If you want a sort of middle ground, the Nook Tablet($250), NOT THE NOOK COLOR, has better specs than the Kindle Fire, and will probably be hacked up just like the Nook Color was.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Kindle Fire for $200 if you're looking for the best price for pretty darn good specs. The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime with the quad-core CPU will be releasing soon, and it'll definitely be considered the best in terms of specs, seeing as it'll obliterate the competition with that Tegra 3.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to BestBuy and bought this today.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Acer+-+Iconia+Tablet+with+8GB+Memory+-+Steel+Blue/3245029.p?id=1218388672398&skuId=3245029

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another vote for the Asus Transformer Prime.

And remember people, Asus brand features a 1 year accident warrantee, ie you drop it like a clutz and break it and they replace it. Spill drink on it and ruin it and they replace it.

Good luck getting that from Apple.

500 bucks is not easy, but I have seen you kids drop serious cash on consoles. It's all about do you really want something.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-10-1-32gb-eee-pad-transformer-prime-tablet-with-wi-fi-tf201-b1-gr/10186527.aspx?path=8e8bc7b7a331d909deab5b865b06865een02

I plan to be playing with one the second I can get it. First store to provide one gets my money. Currently looking like that might be even as soon as Dec 5th according to a friend of mine good at finding out that sort of info.

But remember, if you can settle for a 7 inch screen, and price matters, the Blackberry Playbook coupled with their phone service is damned hard to beat at 200 bucks.
If not for the Asus Prime existing, I'd already have this.
http://www.futureshop.ca/Catalog/Category.aspx?category=PCblackberryplaybook&lang=en

I went to BestBuy and bought this today.
http://www.bestbuy.c...8&skuId=3245029

Need to mention, that if it was made by Acer, then even the new ones, never opened will be mainly factory refurbs.

I bught an Acer Iconia 10.1 32 gig, and my friend told me I was taking it back for refund or he'd be there in minutes to kick my ass (he handles all my computer service needs and in general is several orders of magnitude smarter than most where electronics is concerned. If he says something is crap, it's crap).

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Ew, blackberry.

I'd like to make a correction in addition to my recommendation. The ASUS Transformer Prime is a 5-core tablet, not 4. Tegra 3 is quad core, but the Prime also has a "companion core" that will run less intensive tasks whilst Tegra 3 gets disabled. This translates to up to 21 hour battery life (with the keyboard base). This is an estimate because nobody has got to play with one and find out yet. The official figure is 14.5 hours of Tegra 3 battery life.

But, $500 is a lot of money. If that's your concern, go for the Kindle Fire. It's not the best, but for it's price range it has the best value. Personally, I'm going for the Prime and handing my iPad 2 to my brother.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Ew, blackberry.

I'd like to make a correction in addition to my recommendation. The ASUS Transformer Prime is a 5-core tablet, not 4. Tegra 3 is quad core, but the Prime also has a "companion core" that will run less intensive tasks whilst Tegra 3 gets disabled. This translates to up to 21 hour battery life (with the keyboard base). This is an estimate because nobody has got to play with one and find out yet. The official figure is 14.5 hours of Tegra 3 battery life.
14.5 hours on such a powerful device is very impressive indeed, and it'll definitely last through a full day of normal usage. I'm thinking of picking one up for Christmas... or Boxing Day.

Oh, and second that note on BlackBerry. Don't buy RIM products, with the way they're going, they'll be done within the next 2-3 years.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Asus Transformer, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10, or iPad 2.
>iPad 2
>Android section

Probably out.

I'm not too familiar with the tablet market myself yet, but the Transformer Prime looks pretty nice. I kinda want to get one myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm