Hacking What would be the best GBA Flash Cart to play Pokemon rom hacks?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This stays a hit and miss for each individual romhack. Your best bet is the Omega or the everdrive.
So far been using the Omega and it seems to work fine. But not 100% sure, not that far into the pokemon romhacks games I have on there. They can always bug out in the end.

No sure way of knowing unless you play.
It's not that they wouldn't run (boot up/launch), but if the flashcard can't handle it then after a while story events ingame will bug out (don't trigger) and you will be blocked.

Had this problem with the EZ flash IV and Pokémon Glazed for example.

So yeah it booting up doesn't mean it will work out in the end. Just a heads up. ;)

Last edited by vree,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
as stated above, either an omega or an everdrive GBA

ez iv is fine, but doesn't have the RTC, i am only aware of 1 rom hack that uses the rtc either way, that is pokemon liquid crystal

They can always bug out in the end.

No sure way of knowing unless you play.
It's not that they wouldn't run (boot up/launch), but if the flashcard can't handle it then after a while story events ingame will bug out (don't trigger) and you will be blocked.

Had this problem with the EZ flash IV and Pokémon Glazed for example.
blame the rom makers for developing and testing the games mainly in general emulators... emulators are usually not very accurate and theese rom hacks might rely in emulator bugs that don't happen in real hardware

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
blame the rom makers for developing and testing the games mainly in general emulators... emulators are usually not very accurate and theese rom hacks might rely in emulator bugs that don't happen in real hardware

Yeah I know this, that's why it stays a hit or miss with romhacks.

Reactions: migles

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are pokemon hacks that bad these days?

I know there were a few that coloured outside the lines, and I helped someone sort an "emulators OK, hardware less so" issue for a GBA hack the other month, but I was under the impression the GBA was anything but like the SNES or NES and relying on inaccurate emulation or odd tweaks as far as the hardware goes. Obviously there is the RTC to contend with but most of the time you can still use a patch.

That said if some of the assembly hacking "guides" I have seen come from pokemon hacking circles over the years are anything to go by I would not be surprised.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/xeWd4a5RYJ8?si=URwg3PNBQa5zPuXt that birthday cake look jumpin