What would be better?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VegaRoXas, Sep 14, 2015.

1. VegaRoXas
    OP

VegaRoXas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I currently have a 2ds on fw 10. I really want cfw so I won't ask for a new exploit. Instead I want to ask what I should buy?
    What would be better for cfw? A n3ds xl or a o3ds xl?
    They both cost 189€ here in germany. With the o3ds I would have the benefit that it comes with 4.x right?
    This would be useful for the MSET exploit so I don't have to launch the browser everytime to start f.e. rxTools. With the n3ds I only can boot rxTools (when they'll fully support n3ds, and I heard the nightlies are doing pretty well) only with the browser right? Would it be possible to boot rxTools from oot?
    I currently only have oothax for my 2ds.

Please help c:

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    The o3ds could come with anything from 1.x to 8.1.

Also you can use ReiNAND on a n3ds (you will need cubic ninja I believe). If they are the same price I would say get an n3ds. Make sure you go to a shop with a good return policy (so you can return it if the firmware is too high). Alternatively you could get a second hand one and ask the seller to check the firmware before you buy it.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 15, 2015
  3. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    For ReiNAND I would need cn right? I can't find cn here D: So what would be my best option for a n3ds? (Still don't know if xl or normal one. The normal one is so nice because of the faceplates, and the screen is even a bit bigger than the 2ds ones. The 2ds ones were perfectly fine for me)

4. 75mak

75mak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Main problem with n3ds will be finding one with firmware 9.2 or below

5. VegaRoXas
    OP

Mar 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    What is the lowest firmware they can come with?

6. DaftMink

DaftMink GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States