Hacking What will be possible with IOSU? A list of things.

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I can definitely say I'm excited for IOSU to come out soon (being as I'm on firmware 5.5.0), but, I'm wondering if this means that anyone who wanted to use TCPGecko and/or PyGecko with their Wii U but can't (because they have updated beyond 5.3.2 thus making the two programs no longer work) might finally get to try them out once IOSU is released? I'm crossing my fingers that IOSU will be able to work with either or both of these two programs someday.

SidneiSantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
tomare that the exploit does not take on Wii U
my country and leader of taxes and the games have not manufacture where I live is horrible keep the original games if that exploit exit paper and a dream to export pays a horrible rate: /

Unfortunately not to have the original game Wii U

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In worst case it would just be like the 3Ds, meaning you would have your Wii U run on "normal mode" in each boot and you would have to go to the "exploited mode" through the browser, but that's all you'll need, normally everything that you've set we'll be always there, hacks, games, homebrew, since you probably put them on USB or SD card. In fact in the Wii U it would be much faster than 3Ds since you'll always have access to the browser through quick launch menu. So yeah if you could afford extra one or two clicks each boot before getting to your hacked Wii U, it is definitely worth it. The only problem is the constant risk of updating your sysnand, so hopefully the devs will come up with a way to permanently and efficiently block updates.

Can't you block it via router? What's the address to block? I read this was the only address you needed to block:
Code:
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/

If there is something else you need to block, what is it?

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,

Rafi Hares

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm new to the whole Wii U homebrew scene and was wondering what exactly I'd need to do to prepare my Wii U for Hykem upcoming IOSU exploit for 5.5.0 firmware? I know that with 5.3.2 you needed a copy of Super Smash Bros.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hey guys I'm new to the whole Wii U homebrew scene and was wondering what exactly I'd need to do to prepare my Wii U for Hykem upcoming IOSU exploit for 5.5.0 firmware? I know that with 5.3.2 you needed a copy of Super Smash Bros.
Right now, just stay on whatever firmware you have. That, and be sure to block any updates since you'll both be able to spoof and there is the possibility of emunand.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Rafi Hares

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use TubeHax DNS.
Is there any particular guide you recommend which explains how to setup TubeHax DNS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Right now, just stay on whatever firmware you have. That, and be sure to block any updates since you'll both be able to spoof and there is the possibility of emunand.
Alright I'll try to block any updates, shouldn't be a problem because I'm on the latest 5.5.0.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is there any particular guide you recommend which explains how to setup TubeHax DNS?
  • System Settings
  • Internet Settings
  • Connect to the Internet
  • Connection list
  • Click on your connection there
  • Swipe one page
  • Click on DNS
  • Enter 107.211.140.065 as both Primary DNS and Secondary DNS
  • Save

Rockstead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on a very old wii u firmware, I remember reading that newer firmware provide profile passwords, I want to wish able to prevent other people from messing with my saved games.

Is it still safe to update to the latest? Is there any way to force a specific firmware that includes this feature?

Rockstead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's always the best to stay on as low FW as possible. Unless it's 1.0.0 or 1.0.1.

By updating via a disc.

I'm actually at 5.2, perhaps a game had already updated me. I'm not sure if the password profiles exist on this version or or there there there reason not to go to the latest!

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As IOSU means even more access than kernel, I think EVERYTHING is possible (including what you mentioned)!
Well, if almost EVERYTHING is possible, do you think online support for loadline is possible? Now with the IOSU exploit do the devs have access to all of our wii u info once we run the exploit?

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, if almost EVERYTHING is possible, do you think online support for loadline is possible? Now with the IOSU exploit do the devs have access to all of our wii u info once we run the exploit?
Se don't know yet how the Wii U servers work, probably each game will have it's own Title Key and of there is 2 or more at The same time that will be a ban, probably.
It's not that easy, you can easily get Banned with things like this.
Why everyone is asking about this?
Time will tell if we will play Online someday with Backups, please just everyone stop asking all the time plz.

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some fun things that should be possible to develop after an IOSU Exploit is released:
EmuNAND
Getting keys
USB support for hard drives with Loadiine (and any other app)
SD access in any app
Dumping 1:1 copies of games
Online support for Loadiine games

Online support for Loadiine games
So knowing this is from five teen, do you guys think it will happen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Good old American calories not good enough for the namby pamby metric boys?