What was the first video game you ever played?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,528
  • Replies 115
  • Likes 3

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@jpx86 Try using bit.ly URL shortener, just saying ^
My first game was probably donkey kong country. Probably explains my appreciation of classic games, its music and graphics are so... <3

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
U.S.S. John Young and Saliva Kid for C-64. :) Oh man, old good times. And me - 6 y.o. boy with the commands written on a sheet of paper.

Ed. Probably i even didn't know how to play the first one. :P

Last edited by Evil pol,

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a portable Coleco version of Pac-Man and I absolutely sucked at it.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: AdenTheThird

olku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
First video game I ever played was Nu, pogodi!, it was Nintendo Egg clone made in Soviet Union. After that I had handheld Tetris console.
My first real console was Dendy, a Soviet NES clone. IIRC first game I played on it was Adventure Island.

tumblr_n5tfghOW2K1qaen3fo1_500.jpg

Last edited by olku,
Reactions: TVL

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My first game was Tarzan on Game Boy Color. Dear me...
(I haven't finished it to this day, but I might be courageous enough at some point)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mine was Game and Watch where you could just go left and right ... well "go" is actually to much to say you could press left or right button and than the picture of the character changed from one position to the other ... depending on how you looked you could see all the possible places something could happen as they were all pre defined XD like they had i think 5 pictures of the character (1 for each position you could get into) and they just colored the one you were using the moment XD

after that probably some Olympic games for the C64 and than Tetris on my Gameboy when I was like 4 or 5 ? got it a few days after Release in Germany ^^

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my word... probably something like Adventure, Combat or Space Invaders on the Atari 2600..... far too many nights out since then to remember that shizz :lol:

Thinking about it, my mum and dad played on it regular, and they probably weaned me on to it with something a bit simpler - maybe Video Olympics or Street Racer...

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
It was some ominous Snake clone for DOS to which I recently found a copy again on one of my old floppies, including a high score table reaching back to 1989. "Vicious Viper" for the weird case you know it.

It was on a PC which also had
- SimFarm (DOS)
- Some math learning game (also DOS)
- Windows 3.1 (yeha, that was a playground for me as a kid!)

Then, I got a newer high-end PC with Windows 95, and games I played without an end was a JROC's Pac-Man clone, The Rise of the Things (a German game to which developer I recently had contact some years ago, talking about the development of the game and asking for earlier versions he might still have had. He sent me all his floppies from that time, but I could neither find code nor prototypes =( ) and "Hover!" to which I also documented prototypes and unused stuff on the linked TCRF page.
Other things I played was the other stuff on Windows 95 Demo CD (yes I had a CD drive back then, bow down to me!!), like the Magic School Bus demo (not understanding shit as a kid not speaking English).

Following was Croc - Legend of the Gobbos, Pod - Planet of Death (a postapocalyptic racing game set on Jupiter's moon IO), SimCity 2000, SimCity 3000.

And... I played Leisure Suit Larry 6 as an 8 year old. I neither understood the dirty jokes nor anything other dirty stuff, because my sisters disabled the translation subtitles for me. Heheh.

Last edited by Ray Koopa,

Serath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First game I played was for the SEGA. I don't remember the name but it involved racing, with a bike. I remember I enjoyed playing it a lot, it was after all my introduction into video games

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umliT2F.jpg

My parents had this from as early as I can remember. After this the next one I played must have been either Space Invaders in the arcade or something like the Mattel Football handheld.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Mario Land on the Game Boy. I still remember repeatedly dying on the first level.

God, has it already been almost a decade since I first played it? I'm a corpse.

Reactions: TVL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE