What was the first video game you ever played?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,444
  • Replies 115
  • Likes 3

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First game I can remember being played by my uncle and I possibly played was Hang-On on the Master System in the late 80s.

The first game I know for sure I played was a Japanese imported version of Raindow Islands for the MegaDrive in around 1990.

Reactions: Lostbhoy
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm about to make some of you feel really old...

The first video game that I ever played was Mario Kart 64 when I was three.
I'm only 13 and I used to play Mario Kart 64 with my mom all the time.
She would only ever pick toad for some reason. Looking back, I think Toad's actually the best character and she happened to know that.
Well, she wasn't good anyway lol

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played various videogames from as early as I can remember, but I really don't count those, mostly because, A) They weren't videogames in the "true" sense even back then. B) What "true" games I did (attempt) to play I never beat. And, C) None of them were mine, like when I tried to play Super Mario Bros. on my babysitter's NES when I was about 4 :P . That being said, my first game I well and truly played was Pokemon Yellow, on an old brick GameBoy with that lovely green screen. Beat the game during American History class XD

Reactions: VinsCool

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superman 64. bet no one else will admit to ever playing THAT in their lives. after all, it was, in short, pretty freakin' awful. imagine the smell of sour milk constantly under your nose for all eternity, while you burn in the pits of hell, and you've got about 0.5% of the awfulness that is superman 64.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First video game I've ever played was Megaman X5 on my PlayStation. I've never got around to finishing it but I enjoyed it a lot.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Super Mario Bros. 3 maybe. I'm not sure if it was the first game I ever played, but it's the first game I remember playing. Good times.
OMG same thing man! This is one of the best Mario games as well! :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't remember very well, but I would say either "car game" in electronic handled before game&watch, or Simon (music game) even if not video output, it had visual lights output to interact with. it's like a video game with 4 pixels touchscreen resolution (awesome! NDS ancestor).
Or maybe it was a TO7 game (maybe hangman, or a text based game). It had stylus! (another NDS ancestor)

oh, and we already have the same thread :P
https://gbatemp.net/threads/your-first-video-game.215709/

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the first videogame I played was Super Mario Bros. Deluxe on the old GBC of my mother, but I didn't made it after the first level so I gave it back to her. One or two years later the Pokemon hype started in my class and my uncle gave me Pokemon Gold. Later I got Pokemon Platinium for christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1