What was the first video game you ever played?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,445
  • Replies 115
  • Likes 3

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If we're talking about real games, then it was Super Mario Bros. on a bootleg Chinese NES.

If not, then it was probably one of those 9999 in 1 brick games.

yzZFmvq.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's sort of funny, as the first video game I've ever played is displayed in the OP's avatar (no, I'm not kidding). :P

It's manhole:

manhole.jpg

Manhole was one of the many nintendo game & watch games that became a fad in the mid '80's. I was probably three or four at that time. It wouldn't take long before all my friends and everyone at school had one, but I really think this is the first one that I actually played (and absolutely certain it was the first one I owned, as I think it was a birthday gift).

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not 100% but i think it was Super Mario Bros on NES because my aunt made a good living and could afford it - not soon after my dad bought us one and we got Zelda 2...I'm not sure if i played anything before those but i remember those vividly.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First one I actually remember playing was either Alex the kidd (the one that came built into the master system) or duck hunt/super Mario on the snes

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a tad bit fizzy on the whole "first game" thing. It might have been any of the following titles. Tetris for the GB, Sonic the Hedgehog for Genesis, or Jet Moto for ps1. but again, not quite sure.

Reactions: Seriel
D

Deleted User

OP
First game I ever played was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the GameCube. I've had it since 2005, and I still have the (now rather scratched) disc to this day! :P

Last edited by ,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think mine was Mario Kart: Super Circuit. It was so difficult for me when I was little, but I eventually perfected the game after playing it almost everyday for a long time.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't remember. In fact, I can't remember anything pre-1998 except kindergarten. The first video game console I think I played was Nintendo 64, and the earliest Super Nintendo memory was around that time. So it's definitely Nintendo. As for the video game, either Mario Kart 64 or Pokemon Stadium. I know it was a multiplayer game, playing with my sisters. I want to say Stadium to show that Pokemon was the first and still the best for me in terms of video game franchises. So either of those two, I'm not sure.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Has been a looong time since that and I can't remember which one was exactly the first but I remember a few games, all PC games.

Jill of the jungle. Fun platformer where you control Jill, who is more or less a woman version of Tarzan.
EGA Coloring book. A coloring game, nothing special about it but amused me.
Prince of persia. No much else to say about this one, everybody knows it. It was hard for my former self that I struggled to pass the first floor until I did it, the farthest I made it without cheats was floor 3 I think.
Commander Keen 4. PC gamers had nothing to envy about the NES, quite the contrary, I don't know if there is a game like this one on NES.
Wolfenstein 3D. I doubt this is the first game I played but is among the first 5 I think.
Jazz Jackrabbit. My favorite of my childhood and totally recommended.

Those I remember playing them with PC speaker (AKA no Sound blaster or anything), so it was before my dad got a sound card.
I also remember Battle chess but as I suck at chess I preferred watching rather than playing.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction