What was the first console you ever modded?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first psp back in december 2006, the day after christmas when i got it.
miss those days of the psp scene so much :\ every day it seemed like there was a new development. at least as of recently we've been getting some things.

brdn2369

Trophies
Website
s4.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
My DS.
I stumbled upon GBAtemp while looking for a good flashcard. I purchased an Acekard 2i with a 2GB MicroSD. My first flashcard wasn't an R4 unlike a whole lot of other people.

After that, I soft-modded my Wii and purchased a 1TB external HDD. I was more familiar with the DS and Wii scene when I hacked my Wii.

Im the same except I hacked my Wii first.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first backup tool was a SuperCart for my Atari 800XL. I can't remember exactly how it worked, lol. I do remember I needed the cartridge plugged in when playing my backups from the 5.25" floppy. I may still have that thing laying around here somewhere.

super_cart_cart.jpg
super_cart_d7.jpg

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
I guess it would be the DS since I installed flash-me onto it. I dont really think of chucking in a flash cartridge as "modding."
Id have to agree ;/

In that case the Wii is the first mod for me, even if its only a softmod

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
GundamXXX said:
Edgedancer said:
I guess it would be the DS since I installed flash-me onto it. I dont really think of chucking in a flash cartridge as "modding."
Id have to agree ;/

In that case the Wii is the first mod for me, even if its only a softmod

So, sticking a cart in ISN'T modding, but sticking an SD card in IS?

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES would probably be my first MOD of the console itself but for my Atari I took the controller apart and soldered together some spare parts to make an arcade style controller. It was kinda ghetto but I made a turbo button as well.

It was really cool but not the prettiest thing until I painted it. I don't know enough about forming plastic molds (at least not at that time) so I made it from wood. The buttons were classic style arcade buttons purchased from a local vendor.

I think I still have the controller around somewhere in the attic. If I could find it i'd take a picture. A lot of shit up there so not likely to be anytime soon.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Lassik said:
SNES would probably be my first MOD of the console itself but for my Atari I took the controller apart and soldered together some spare parts to make an arcade style controller. It was kinda ghetto but I made a turbo button as well.

It was really cool but not the prettiest thing until I painted it. I don't know enough about forming plastic molds (at least not at that time) so I made it from wood. The buttons were classic style arcade buttons purchased from a local vendor.

I think I still have the controller around somewhere in the attic. If I could find it i'd take a picture. A lot of shit up there so not likely to be anytime soon.

I would like to see your ghetto joystick
rofl.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
My first console was atari:
180px-Atari800.jpg

The actual console wasn't modded but all the games on 5.25" discs were copies, as were the casette tape games.
I guess my first real mod was on my megadrive, I cut the flaps off the cartridge slot so american cartridges would fit in it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.