Hacking What version PassMe Should I use?

chushev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what version are the silver ds+mario kart bundles in the UK now?

Any advise on finding an old version are welcome
smile.gif

Beanz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
Does anyone know what version are the silver ds+mario kart bundles in the UK now?

Any advise on finding an old version are welcome
smile.gif

Going on the first post of this thread stating
QUOTE- FW3: Dark Green (Note! A silver DS bought in MK:DS bundle is most probably NOT installed with FW4!)
I'd guess that theres a very good chance that if you get a Silver Mario Kart Bundled DS you'd have an old firmware installed.

bay0man

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hi guys. i buyed ninntendo ds!! i tried this trick and it showeled me green screen, so i need PASSME1 !! wow thanks gbatemp!!

Daveychan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this below in my thread, but I think it might be useful here too:

I did the "Chatroom A" firmware check on my girlfriend's Pink Japanese NDS, and it revealed a bluish-grey screen which indicates Firmware 2. (I have to admit, I did find this odd because this Pink NDS is fairly new on the market here.)

After much trouble (see the thread if you care), I was able to run the latest 1.6 flashme file in order to permanently change the firmware. It starts up, and immediately gives a Warning Message that reads something like, "This firmware is not recognized. Continuing will possibly render your NDS inoperable. Proceed at your own risk."

After a week of losing hair on this upgrade, I decided to just go for it and roll the dice. So, we followed the flashme instructions as normal and shorted the metal bit in the back, waited till the counter reached 100%, held our breaths, and rebooted. Voila, worked fine! (Big smile and big, big sigh.) Over the next two days I tested and played and tested, everything is working just great.

I did not have any problems after ignoring the message and flashing anyway. THIS ISN'T TO SAY YOU SHOULD IGNORE THE MESSAGE, only that for MY case, it turned out okay.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cool trick (but dangerous, be careful, might brick DS).

Messing around with a certain line of the flashme file in a hex editor can cause the pictochat to turn weird colors.

(Mine turns Purple, then jumps to red
cool.gif
)

DON'T TRY IT IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

In fact, I wouldn't try it if I were you. Skip just one zero or leave out just one character and pow, the firmware will not fit perfectly into your DS, most likely bricking it
blink.gif

DJBurkey

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Is it safe yet to flash a v5 DS? I just bought my girlfriend a pink DS with Nintendogs and the screens go magenta... FlashMe says cannot recognise firmware so it may be unsafe to proceed.

EDIT: Just to confirm, I went for it and flashed my v5 (magenta colour check). Worked fine.

starwave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im new here...i want the ds lite as i have the red and silver mario kart bundle ds. and i tried this trick and the screens turned yellow, so i guess i have FW4....so i heard about this M3 card for the ds/dslite, how does this work? can you play NDS roms and gba roms on this? any info on running homebrew or roms would be cool. thanks ...oh btw...is having FW4 good? i didnt see anyone on this topic having a FW4!!
biggrin.gif

isthar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, a new DS lite BLACK purchased a few days ago in Kansas at a kmart/walmart shows FW5 (magenta)

quintesson

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
pardon me
where is the NDS slot the upper or the lower one?
what does it mean by open "Pictochat, room A" ?
which FW is the best or should i avoid?
any info about whether NDSP or NDSL is easier to mess around such as flashing / modding?
not a NDS owner yet but planning to buy a 2nd hand, so would like to arm myself with more info 1st.

tq
Happy New Year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?