Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am brand new to all this and I was just wondering what the CycloDS supports. Like GBA, GBÂ, SNES, NES, etc. Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else
unsure.gif
I read somewhere that it doesn't support GBA without purchasing another flashcard (any suggestions? Is EZ V 3-in-1 a solution?)

Where should I purchase it that allows Canada shipping and payment? Is Console Source a good place to purchase from?

Lastly is this a good card to buy? Worth the little extra money? Any others you would suggest and why? Also if this is relevant in anyway shape or form I am on a old DS phat
yaynds.gif

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS Evo is one of the top 2 DS flashcards around (I have one and I never had any problems with it. been using it since November.)
For GBA you will need to get an EZ 3-in-1 since the CycloDS Evo supports it. The current firmware supports GBA (still in beta) when using the EZ 3-in-1.
For GBC, SNES, NES, etc you will need to use homebrew emulators.
I got my 3-in-1 from dealextremes but I got my CycloDS Evo from somewhere else.
I dunno where to buy it that ships to Canada. But I recommend this card since it much easier to use with many features.
It shouldn't matter if you are using an old DS or DS lite.

ADDED:
realhotstuff.com is a good place to buy a CycloDS Evo, they have fast shipping and several people have reported that with positive response. they seem to ship international so it should ship to Canada.

Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. First off waht is the other top one? As for those homebrew emulators would they be NDS emulators meaning I would not need a 3-in-1 as I may wait to purchase one.

EDIT: On that site you can pay more for a 1 GB micro SD card and you can choose from Kingston, Toshiba, or Sandisk. Which should I get?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
omarroms said:
The CycloDS Evo is one of the top 2 DS flashcards around (I have one and I never had any problems with it. been using it since November.)
For GBA you will need to get an EZ 3-in-1 since the CycloDS Evo supports it. The current firmware supports GBA (still in beta) when using the EZ 3-in-1.
For GBC, SNES, NES, etc you will need to use homebrew emulators.
I got my 3-in-1 from dealextremes but I got my CycloDS Evo from somewhere else.
I dunno where to buy it that ships to Canada. But I recommend this card since it much easier to use with many features.
It shouldn't matter if you are using an old DS or DS lite.

ADDED:
realhotstuff.com is a good place to buy a CycloDS Evo, they have fast shipping and several people have reported that with positive response. they seem to ship international so it should ship to Canada.

Wasn't RealHot stuff's shipping insanely pricy, if you were buying internationally?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Jordan10la said:
ojsinnerz said:
Wasn't RealHot stuff's shipping insanely pricy, if you were buying internationally?

I was afraid of that. Any other suggestions?
Yeah. It's like 20+(from someone... not sure about currency) if you do order internationally due to the change from (some kind of?) Airmail to FedEx. The packages kept getting lost so they stopped internationally for a bit till they tried FedEx...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT BUY FROM CONSOLE SOURCE!
lecture.gif

It is on the "GBAtemp's List of Flash Card Dealers Never to Buy From."

For Canadians, there are much better sellers than RHS. I would only recommend RHS to USA buyers only, as shipping just costs too much for other countries.

Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
DO NOT BUY FROM CONSOLE SOURCE!
lecture.gif

It is on the "GBAtemp's List of Flash Card Dealers Never to Buy From."

For Canadians, there are much better sellers than RHS. I would only recommend RHS to USA buyers only, as shipping just costs too much for other countries.
THanks for the heads up. There wouldn't happen to be A List of Flash Cards Dealerss to buy from. Also will this card support games that need a clock?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought from Gamer Sections
smile.gif
I had a pleasant experience with my DS-Xtreme. (they allowed a refund but I had to pay for the shipping cost) So...Yea, very good shipping, took about 1 and a half weeks for me to get it but still good ^^

Jordan10la

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kevenka said:
I bought from Gamer Sections
smile.gif
I had a pleasant experience with my DS-Xtreme. (they allowed a refund but I had to pay for the shipping cost) So...Yea, very good shipping, took about 1 and a half weeks for me to get it but still good ^^

That's good. Out of curiosity where are you at?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1