Hacking What type of mod is this?

lorenzrap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a modded xbox 360 and want to play online, but i don't know whaat type of mod is this and don't know how to update the console.
photo1673513189.jpeg

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd really suggest contacting the seller for more information if you can.

The use of "bank" suggests multiple flash chips and the USB for easier updates, probably either JTAG or RGH.

It might be that one bank is the 'stock' NAND whilst the other is a 'hacked' one, maybe "Enabled" refers to a glitch chip?

Personally, given the lack of information, I'd be weary about taking this online, presuming it's not banned.

Reactions: CoolMe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Infectus were/are a fairly noted maker of modding gear for the 360 but I am not immediately recognising it (though at the same time I would not necessarily expect to). As above the multiple banks (banks usually being a term associated with memory, including flash memory) and it being externally mounted would point to it being dual nand. Dual nand being an unpopular thing RGH mods can do (and I guess JTAG but there is next to no practical case for it -- you have the shared family console wherein they can't use profiles but can do this) wherein you could have a RGH mod on your thing (full custom kernel on down, so region free, large internal hard drive, USB loading, modded games, dlc, xbla, homebrew... all the good stuff) but also maintain a stock version of the machine (RGH being able to be disabled as it were, compared to JTAG where... no as it relied on a flawed kernel) to go online with. Very few ever did it as it was annoying to do, expensive (even if you did the XD I think it was option -- one type of now quite rare memory card was basically pure NAND chip in the same way CF presents as IDE) and meant you had to in turn be on form and manage your saves, profiles and such so no content from before release date, hacked content, altered profiles or unobtainable trophments happened to speak to something that saw the internet. As 360s, including slims, lites, jaspers and especially the older stuff were going to ten a penny by this point, and DVD mods were fairly mature if you still wanted to avoid paying for games (not that dual layer writeable DVDs and by this point a payload capable drive to burn the newest games were terribly cheap), not to mention online sucks, then it further reduced the numbers looking at such things.

The obvious thing then would be to try it. Keep it offline and try booting with bank 0 selected, and then bank 1. Hopefully whoever you bought it off left enough on there to tell by, and if not load up a USB with a modded XBLA game or something (can even download a demo and unlock on your PC) and if one is the modded version you will get the nice modded game, and if stock it will play as corrupted or maybe demo only. Can't remember what combos RGH used to load into xell/xellous/whatever equivalent but that would also be something.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could theoretically take it out and RGH3 it, bypassing the need for the infectus.

RGH3 takes advantage of the console itself so you'll only need some diodes and resistors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn