What to expect at E3 2019?

Oypoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The E3 is of the most famous annual gaming event where the big players of the gaming industry make announcements.
As gaming enthusiasts we probably have lot of expectations. Expectations that we can verify almost in live thanks to our gbatemp.net chosen one.
Unfortunately Sony won't be present to this edition.
I don't deny that I was believing on a new console from Sony.

What about you ?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully the last gasp of nasty free to play practices. Possibly also the last gasp of EA if we are lucky.

Otherwise E3, and the game industry at large, has been disappointing me since about the time of the shift to the PS4bone. I am not expecting much.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m expecting Microsoft to give us the first official details on their next generation hardware. I doubt we’ll see the hardware, but I am expecting some details. I think they’ll also be announcing some new first party titles, though they could be mainly destined for the nex-gen hardware.

Nintendo will show a new round of indie games, talk about their recently announced titles, show us Luigis’ Mansion 3 and perhaps a surprise or three.

Sony, feck knows. With them dropping out of E3 this year it suggests to me they’ve nothing particularly major to announce..... But I’d like to be proved wrong there.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony didn't even RSVP, but they're gonna show up, push Nintendo off the stage and Deliver Genji: Days of the Blade 4k remaster. Directed by Kaz Hirai and Co-produced by Mark Cerny.

Reactions: EmulateLife

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Me.

2b2jKEx.png

In all seriousness, I think this will be a big E3 for Microsoft. They've made so many acquisitions, and they've got all those rumors for hardware going around. I expect this to be somewhat decent for Nintendo--afterall, they didn't hit that 20mil projection, but they almost cinched it. They probably want as many people as possible to want a Switch, or even two.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no sony this year? pre-recorded nintendo video like past years ? great E3 !
I still look at them in hope they announce something new, or release date for games I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for these games: last of us 2, death stranding, Dreams. it looks like I only wait for PS4 game this year. I hope we will get something better for Nintendo than full 1H of smash bros pre recorded video...
maybe an announcement for PS5's integrated Dreams games for everyone to create and sell games on psn, no more restriction to thirdparties and big companies, everyone can create and share games. (yeah, we can all dream)

Last edited by Cyan,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft will do a puppet show.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sony didn't even RSVP, but they're gonna show up, push Nintendo off the stage and Deliver Genji: Days of the Blade 4k remaster. Directed by Kaz Hirai and Co-produced by Mark Cerny.

Hell yes Giant Enemy Crab in 4K, and a remake of RIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE RAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR. The Playstation 5 will retail for Five Hundred Ninety Nine Dollars.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Fugelmir

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Microsoft is the one to watch for 2019 with all this new hardware there must be a few games down the pipeline too.
I don't think Sony will be anything spectacular this year, as long as we get more of ghost of tsushima I'm good.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember mega64 going on a tangent about how the son of one of the e3 owners kept cutting them in lines. I kinda prefer TGS for the booth babes and professionality.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
yeah to be honest the whole Sony situation blows. Now that I have a PS4 I was starting to pay much more attention to their conferences, but tough luck they won't do one :(
Microsoft's conferences are always a bit boring to me (a very personal opinion I admit) so I expect nothing from that.
As for Nintendo... they have already made my year with the Links Awakening remake.

In short, I don't expect much.
Except one thing... a new 'Elder Scrolls' trailer from Bethesda? pretty please! :drool:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm looking forward to some info about the 2019 Pokemon games, which we know nothing about. We may get a lot of info and gameplay on those at E3. Other than that I expect some surprise Switch announcements. We saw some in the recent Direct but they have to be saving something for E3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: HAPS+