What to do?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by N4RU70 FR34K, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010

What to do? by N4RU70 FR34K at 2:37 AM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. N4RU70 FR34K
    OP

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    Okay so I got about 60 bucks and a messed up DS Lite, the problem with the DS Lite is the microphone never responds now. It use to respond when I blew on the headphone jack but now it's broken [​IMG] and I was wondering how to fix it (solution has to be solder less) and replace the shell or if I should just get a refurbished DS Lite at Gamestop or get a SuperCardDS2 but if I get the cart I won't be able to finish TWEWY (stupid microphone pins [​IMG] ) so what do you guys think I should do? Please help and thank you [​IMG]

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Use the built in mic in the hinge?

If you need to replace the headphone hack mic, solder is your ONLY option. And it is damn tiny soldering too. (unless someone has a voodoo style fix o.o)

If you need a new internal hinge mic, theyre less than 3 dollars on deal extreme. they should be around a buck 80 IIRC, but in any case they ARE less than 3. And from dealextreme, a new case will run ya a tad less than 13 dollars. I got the translucent clear housing... love it!

3. N4RU70 FR34K
    OP

Banned N4RU70 FR34K Banned

United States
    I think my best option is to buy a refurbished DS Lite but I'm still sure [​IMG]