Hacking What to do NOW so if Wii bricks, we're ok

steam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we a "Do these as Brick insurance" info?

There are some very knowledgeable people on here so i was wondering can you guys pls give us n00bs a clear, easy way to "brick insure" our wii? So that, if ever our wii bricks, we can come back from it?

For example, my wii is 3.4u, hbc, ios14, neogamma. What do i install NOW, so that i can help come back from a brick.

Thanks!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
...3.4u, hbc, ios14,...
IOS14??? You mean cIOS38 rev14?

Bootmii as boot2 is best. Sad thing is that new wiis can't use it. The Bootmii IOS is useless as brick protection. Bootmii/boot2 makes the wii brick-proof, even from uninstalled system menus and menu IOSes. Only thing that could brick a bootmii/boot2 wii is a boot2 update failure during an official 4.2 update.

Next best is preloader. If you can't use bootmii as boot2, you should have this. Protects against all bricks (banner, theme brick, etc.). Basically everything EXCEPT uninstalled system menu/menu IOS.
A newer preloader, Priiloader, spelled with an ii, is similar to the original preloader, but made by a different person.

Finally, consider keeping the Indiana Pwns save installed (even if you don't have the game!). That way, even if preloader fails, a chip can be used to autoboot Indiana Jones and hopefully unbrick the thing. This is especially important on Korean Wiis, where region changing can brick them with Error #003.

steam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you all...will look into it

..so i guess since i have 3.4u, mine is one of the older wii's?...and so i should do a bootmii/boot2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back