Hardware What these pins on the game Slot are supposed to do?

SagaP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you want to know how did i get here:
A long time ago when rxtools was popular, I softmoded my 3ds, all good and fine, i was having a blast playing Smash 4, until i decided i wanna to play my old DS games from my flashcard who stopped working after i updated the 3ds in order to play some 3DS demos, back then an internal file needed to be replaced to allow flashcarts that worked on lower versions of the 3DS to be compatible again, didn't read much into it, i installed and tried to launch my flashcard but didn't work. At this moment i felt i was being picky, and careless (following a tutorial i didn't really bothered to even understand) and i was happy enough with my 3DS finally playing 3DS games after like 2 entire years of playing demos, so i told myself to stop worrying and start enjoying, but before that i wanted to undo wherever had i done, i didn't want that to be a problem further down the line, but i also didn't backup the original file i replaced, feeling really annoyed at this point by my own mistakes i decided to just backup the entire nand, i read that a built of the gateway menu could do the job...
And as some of you may already knowl:
pub
In the Pursuit to recover my console i made various attempts at hardmod, but none of them work mainly because i didn't manage to solder the CLK pin properly and even if i could manage to do that i was using the internal sd slot of my laptop, and those are said to be incompatible.
With the release of ntr boot i'm trying to recover my bricked 3DS. I had lifted the game slot in an attempt at hardmoding it and, apart from the pins connecting the game with the board, there are two extra pins on the right side of the Slot.
pub
I managed to get one of them in place, but the other one bent when i lifted the slot, and it felt while i was trying to put it back.
pub
It doesn't seem broken to me, just out of it's place.
pub
I'm still looking for a flashcart compatible with ntr boot (i have a working 3DS), but i don't know if it could read the card without this pin.
My theory is that these two pins on the side are responsable of changing the mode of the slot between 3DS/DS cartridges and now it either can't read 3DS games, DS games or in the worst case neither.
I want to know what do you think, i will update this post if i manage to find a compatible flashcard and if see if it work in my bricked 3DS,

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These two pins are spring contacts that get pushed together when a cart is inserted.
It allows the ds to detect if there is a cart in the slot

Cart in slot = pins connected to eachother
empty slot = pins not connected to anything

Honestly, just solder the two pads together since you broke the pins out of the gamecart slot

I'm not sure how the home menu will react to always thinking a cart is in the slot... honestly it may not make a difference.

However, worst case scenario, you could have to turn off the 3ds to switch gamecarts

Last edited by LameNobody,
Reactions: SagaP

SagaP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ohh it is a lot simplier than i tought, i will take your advice and just solder the pads together and then, wait until i find a ntr boot compatible flashcard to see it coming back to life, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.