Hacking what size SD card recommended for softmodding?

drizzt007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, cool.

and thanks bro for all your patience and help.

do those micro SD cards with adapter work, or do they give trouble reading ?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt007 said:
ok, cool.

I think they should still work fine for the most part. Don't really see why they wouldn't. Might have some compatibility issues with bootmii or something, but a lot of normal SD cards have problems with it as well.

HellFireXS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 8 GB SDHC microsd + Adapter works with bootmii averything else but not preloader (cant find hacks.ini) while my el cheapo GXT 2 GB does not work with bootmii (wont load menu) but does work with preloader.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt007 said:
ok, cool.

ive tried dozens and they've worked 100%

QUOTE(HellFireXS @ Sep 2 2009, 08:47 AM) My 8 GB SDHC microsd + Adapter works with bootmii averything else but not preloader (cant find hacks.ini) while my el cheapo GXT 2 GB does not work with bootmii (wont load menu) but does work with preloader.
preloader is not sdhc compatible, except for the installing part.

drizzt007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me why wii sports resort won't work?

when I try to start the game from the HBC it just goes back to the warning screen and then it goes to the main menu and I have to launch the HB channel again.
is it because I don't have the wii motion+ hooked up ?

I tried it on another console and it seemed to be ok. I didn't actually get to play it , but it looked like it was loading ok.

I've seen other posts about people having issues with sports resort, but don't see any specifically with the same situation.

I tried topspin3 as well and that's showing in black and white only. the game works but there's no color.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt007 said:
can someone tell me why wii sports resort won't work?

when I try to start the game from the HBC it just goes back to the warning screen and then it goes to the main menu and I have to launch the HB channel again.
is it because I don't have the wii motion+ hooked up ?

I tried it on another console and it seemed to be ok. I didn't actually get to play it , but it looked like it was loading ok.

I've seen other posts about people having issues with sports resort, but don't see any specifically with the same situation.

Because you likely haven't done the alternate dol loading first. There is a sticky in the backup loader forum SPECIFICALLY for Wii Sports Resort and the different methods you can load the alt dol to get it to work. The reason it resets is because it makes it mandatory to watch the motionplus video the first time you load the game which will just restart the system if the game isn't launched from the disc channel. So with a backup loader you have to select the option to load the alternate dol (in this case player.dol) and then load the game to have it play the video, then load it again without loading the alternate dol and it should load fine.

Also don't even bother if you don't have motionplus. EVERYTHING in the game will need it so if it lets you get into the game at all it won't let you do anything until you get one.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want my own little thread where i can post new and different problems i'm having and let people work them out for me...it would save so much time reading and posting in multiple threads!

drizzt007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
i want my own little thread where i can post new and different problems i'm having and let people work them out for me...it would save so much time reading and posting in multiple threads!

there's always some smartass that has to inject his 2 cents, isn't there?

who the hell asked for your opinion?

guys like you think they know it all , how the fuck do you know I'm not doing my own research at the same time ?

I'll post a question, and then open another window and search there as well. I resent the insinuation that I'm one of those guys that don't do their own research and just ask blindly. there's a lot of info out there and the best way to not fuck up your console is to ask first.

and in closing , fuck off!

oh, thanks again Nabster I didn't notice the sticky for the sports resort.

there's some people that just assume that everyone knows where everything is.( not mentioning any names , but his name starts with an O and ends with a julien)

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its ok if you are a little defensive, i would be too if i started a topic about one subject and then proceeded to ask about ten additional topics within it (i counted), including a bump. i for one am glad that someone like nabster has shown a great deal of patience with you as you need a lot of this information spoonfed to you, and i wish you and this thread a great deal of success and prosperity in the coming months...i'll check in from time to time to see what new problems you are having - its sorta nice, in a way, to know precisely where i'll find you.

drizzt007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who the hell are you to the forum anyways.

yes , I asked other questions. so, what? If I'm getting help why shouldn't I keep everything in one thread.

I don't see why the hell its any of your business who helps me or doesn't help.
you don't want to help , fine. there's lots of others that aren't as selfish as you.

I'll keep an eye out for when you ask for help as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol