What shouuld be my primary card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheDarkSeed, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011
  1. TheDarkSeed
    OP

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    I find myself constantly switching between cards. I don't know why I just do. It's hard for me to choose which one I should stick with. Maybe with some suggestions I could settle with one card and move all my content there.

Oh, I have an EZflash(gba cart) as well.

2. dylan2228

Newcomer dylan2228 Advanced Member

Australia
    If you want a robust card go get a supercard DSTWO, it plays all the games i know of even ones with AP.
    If you want a nice looking card go with M3 Sakura, its absolutely stunning!

3. Aijelsop

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    AK2i. It has the most features, most customizable, most user-friendly, and not tackly looking like everything else, except the SCDS2

4. dylan2228

Newcomer dylan2228 Advanced Member

Australia
    Well ive never tested AceKard so i would know
    And nice sig btw aijelsop, i have 99 cooking look me up in highscores - Dylan 2228

5. TheDarkSeed
    OP

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    Well I kinda want to choose between the cards that I have now. I don't want to have to buy a new cart.

6. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Ewwww DSTT.

Go with CycloDS or Acekard.
    Both pretty much has the same compatibility.
    CycloDS has a better build quality while Acekard has a better GUI.

7. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    I'd go for the CycloDS because of the features, but the AK2 might have better compatibility at the moment since TC is apparently focusing it's efforts on fixing the iEvo compatibility and the updates are a bit late sometimes regarding compatibility (though most games are usually fixed in a few weeks or so). Go figure, I personally just use my CycloDS iEvo on my DSi XL even though I have a DSTwo and an AK2. Also the DSL has a CycloDS Evo in it even though I have the said other two carts (and an original R4 coming in the mail, but that's just to test WoodR4). On the other hand this might have something to do with the fact that I don't have that much time to spend playing on the DS, hence I don't really care if a certain game is updated straight away. I still have quite a library of games to play and using the retail cart before an update isn't that big a problem (albeit it is annoying to transfer all saves etc, but then again not that many interesting games are released monthly in Europe, just lagging a bit behind in playing the games). Using a good DS carrying case helps a lot when there is room for a few carts [​IMG]

-Qtis

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I'd argue in favour of acekard, since AKAIO's anti-piracy bypass gives it some of the best compatibility right now.

9. diando

Member diando GBATemp™ Creepy Arceus™

Canada
    Personally, you should not have a primary one, but I think you can have the Acekard as primary.

10. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    It's fine to have a primary flashcart, and Supercard DSTwo fills that role perfectly.