Hardware what should Nintendo's next console be named ?

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Galaxy. A truly innovative device that spans all areas of modern gaming, including remote access to your smartphone/3DS/tablet, voice chat with Skype, downloadable games from four generations, customizable themes for both the TV and the tablet menus (Chrome, I'm looking at you), friend connections to play Call of Booty, a portable charger to take with you for tablet gaming-on-the-go, and more.

Hot DAMN, sounds cool to me.

Are you trying to make Nintendo adopt some of Microsoft's policies? Um, there are better policies to emulate than this one.

No, the 7 and 8 joke was for MarioKart right? They did it with MarioKart.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the 7 and 8 joke was for MarioKart right? They did it with MarioKart.

Well but those are games; this is a console. Based on Microsoft's logic, the Xbox should've been the Xbox One, Xbox 360 should've been the Xbox Two, and the Xbone should've been Xbox Three. Go the Sony way. Nintendo, on the other hand - Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo 64 (but they hadn't released 63 consoles before that one... :wtf: ), etc.; see? They shouldn't suddenly abandon their interesting console naming techniques for something as mundane as a number.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
How can I and I like a post?
2QSWbzH.png

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo is going to want to avoid the brand confusion that has hurt the Wii U in their next go-round.

So, obviously, it'll be "The Nintendo Not The Wii U."

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would buy that console! It would support every legacy Nintendo console through emulation... oh wait.

Maybe the Nintendo 7 isn't such a bad idea... The could call it 7NES, the Seventh Nintendo Entertainment System. Then we'd get the 8NES, and the 9NES. We wouldn't get a 10NES though, because we'd be locked out of playing it.

*It's a joke about the 10NES lockout chip.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Y? Joking aside, I think Nintendo will hold strong due to all its first party titles for quite a while. I.e. Look at how differently many people's views of the console changed after seeing SM3DW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared