[What Should I Play?] PSX and PS2.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after reading somewhat recent GBA Recommends Issue, I decided to climb up into the ol' attic to find my copy of Dark Cloud 2. Much to my sadness however, I could not find find my PS2, so I turned to the internet to see if DC2 had any compatibility issues with PCSX2, and much to my delight, it has received an update fairy recently that made a lot of games work. Having knocked out Dark Cloud 2, obtained my dosage of some Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 and 2, I decided to play through Final Fantasy X-2 since I never finished it. It got me uber nostalgic thinking of the different games I used to play on playstation and playstation 2 like Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Soul Reaver, Battle Hunter, ... I could go on forever but you get the point. Was wondering what all, you, Tempers, recommend playing. It could be your favorite game, a whole list of them, or some game you thought was interesting and worth a run through, knock me out :)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You already have Nocturne mentioned in your post, but... NOCTURNE.

I also enjoyed .hack//GU, Persona 3+4, Odin Sphere, and Okami.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love RPG's but am going to suggest a couple non-RPG's:

Umihara Kawase and Jumping Flash I and II.

Of course I should not have to mention it, but Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shadow Hearts - all 3 games
Tales of Abyss and Legendia - most don't like Legendia that much but it's really great in my opinion, characters and their relationships make the game really enjoyable
SMT: DDS and DDS 2
Xenosaga - all 3 games
Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits - great turn based strategy RPG

I only listed some of the games I've played but Raidou Kuzonoha SMT games are good too and .hack as well.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
NickToons Battle For Volcano Island
Final Fantasy (All of them)
DragonQuest
Dothack
ratchet and clank
Katamari
Shadow of the collosus
Metal Gear Solid
chrono cross
tekken
Crash Bandicoot series
Bubsy 3D

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God of War is worth playing. The second one is a bit more pandering but the first game is a solid standalone game. It's a solid action game.

All the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank games. If you want specific ones, Crash: Warped, Spyro 3: Year of the Dark, Jak: The Precursor Legacy, and I don't know much of Ratchet and Clank outside of Up Your Arsenal.

Haven't played them but everyone says Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...