Hacking What should I do?

lenick123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i just updated my 3ds to v3.0.0-6U (It was v1.10 something before i updated, i think) ,and the problem is, my r4i (r4i.ndsi.in) doesnt work anymore, it just displays "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." It was on v2.6 before, and it worked before it went 3.0.0-6U. I updated my r4i. I went to the website and there was a newer firmware update. So i upgraded the version, plugged it in to my 3ds, and it still has an error. So what should I do? (I hope this is in the right area)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i just updated my 3ds to v3.0.0-6U (It was v1.10 something before i updated, i think) ,and the problem is, my r4i (r4i.ndsi.in) doesnt work anymore, it just displays "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." It was on v2.6 before i updated my r4i. I went to the website and there was a newer firmware update. So i upgraded the version, plugged it in to my 3ds, and it still has an error. So what should I do? (I hope this is in the right area)
I think you only updated the R4 kernel, not the internal firmware. Your 3DS clearly rejects the card, you need to get your hands on a DSLite/DSPhat/DSi/3DS with compatible firmware and update the R4 once more.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As far as i know that flashcart you have cannot be flashed...
Either buy a different card or use your r4 on a DS.

IF the interal firmware can be upgraded, then upgrade it using something that it works on.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
you have made a cardinal sin . You should have updated the card before the 3ds , the only solution you have now is to update the card with the latest revision using another console , namely a DS.

lenick123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers but, I have another noobie question, whats the difference between the kernel and the internal firmware? Is the kernel the one inside the cart, and the firmware, the updates that can make more games that had ap patches run?

Also, I might borrow the ds of my classmate tomorrow at school, thanks for that.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
So i just updated my 3ds to v3.0.0-6U (It was v1.10 something before i updated, i think) ,and the problem is, my r4i (r4i.ndsi.in) doesnt work anymore, it just displays "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details." It was on v2.6 before i updated my r4i. I went to the website and there was a newer firmware update. So i upgraded the version, plugged it in to my 3ds, and it still has an error. So what should I do? (I hope this is in the right area)

You need to go to the website related to your R4i to see if there is an update file to allow your R4i to operate on your 3DS with the latest firmware.

If you find an update file then run it on a DS/Lite, if there isn't an update file then you will need to either wait to see if 1 will be released or purchase another flashcart,

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

IF the interal firmware can be upgraded, then upgrade it using something that it works on.
No, his card has firmware upgrades.
@ lenick123 Can you post a picture of the front of your card in this thread please?

lenick123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No, his card has firmware upgrades.
@ lenick123 Can you post a picture of the front of your card in this thread please?

The link couldnt be seen in the picture i took of the cart, so ill include the picture of the box too
http://imgur.com/VTT...k,GTV5g,DdOoc#0
http://imgur.com/VTT...k,GTV5g,DdOoc#1
http://imgur.com/VTT...k,GTV5g,DdOoc#2
http://imgur.com/VTT...k,GTV5g,DdOoc#3
I didn't know what file extensions gbatemp accepts, so i just posted the links. Sorry if they're too grainy ><

Also, I've used my r4i on a regular ds, with the latest firmware, and it still says the same thing, "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

lenick123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I went to the website, in the other downloads tab, i saw the file "R4i upgrade version 3.0"

Could this be the answer to my problem?

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1