What rare/collectable games do you own?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking at my games collection and saw a few rare items like the Japanese Elektroplankton Special Edition I found on ebay and a few boxed SNES games (mainly F-Zero and Donkey Kong Country 2) any of you guys own anything worth some money?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am sure if I scouted through my cupboard of wonder (and its cousins the boxes of wonder) I would probably have a handful of things from the C64 upwards that taken together would get something for them. I do also own a copy of Minna no Soft tetris for the GBA which was not cheap.
I have precious little time for game collectors though* and err *points to general site policy* - it is not like I can not emulate anything I am suddenly overcome with a desire to play and I have never bought into the "prefer it on real hardware" mindset (any number of USB adapters to allow for good controllers and nice filters, ROM hacks and other bonuses afforded by emulation..... why would I go back to the hardware).

*I occasionally click around on online tat merchants and the prices some things are suggested as do amuse me.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i've got some japanese beta/demo versions of phantasy star online for gamecube, i would say that is the rarest thing i own game wise :)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a huge collection of PSX/PS2/PS3 games (Mint, CIB) and quite a big collection of Nintendo console games (NES, GC, N64, etc). Don't know if they're actually worth anything, but if it's been possible to rip the game and play it via HDD, I've done just that (PS2 with 500 GB HDD, Wii with 500 GB HDD, PSP Go with 32 GB Flash, etc). It's not that I couldn't play the originals, but that I need the space for games I can't play via USB/HDD loaders (= PS3 games since the console is on OFW). I do have adapter cables via USB and 2 of each controller for pretty much all Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony consoles so emulation isn't really a big problem for the authentic feel. I would need a better computer for better emu compatibility, but Dolphin among others does work pretty well with HD graphics and the likes on my MBP.

(Once I graduate in a few years from Uni and get some money (full time vs trainee as part time is a huge difference over here), I'll be buying a computer for mostly gaming and emulation.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most of my games are rare in France as they are import only. 90's were not a very good time for game localization in Europe!

Game and Watch: Boxing (1984; still working)
SNES: Final Fantasy 6, Chrono trigger, Secret of Mana, Seiken densetsu 3, Tengai Makyou Zero. (I wish I had Super Metroid, maybe I'll find one someday)
PSX: Original (as in first release, not gold/cheaper re-edit) : Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, SaGa Frontier, Chrono Cross, Brave Fencer Musashi Den

I don't know if my other games are rare nor expansive, they are just imported games from japan so they are more rare than games sold in my country, like Marl's Kingdom 1 and 2, Front Mission 2, 3, and Alternative.
I also have imports on PS2.

How do you check if it's rare? ebay prices?

D

Deleted User

my collection isnt rare i would love to buy some rare games/limited edition in the future

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I HAD a complete boxed copy of Earthbound that I sold on eBay about 4 months ago for $450... that was my rarest. The next rarest that I have is probably a complete Conker's Bad Fur Day.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The ones I can think of are the Zelda collector's disc, an apparently somewhat unusual version of Demon Attack for the Atari 2600 (white label and a flat top), and a rare copy of Ninja Remix for the C64. I probably have some others as well, but I can't remember them.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Im not too sure but I own an Pokemon Yellow cart, a copy of Metroid First Hunt and the Zelda Collection Disc that came with the Gamecube.

those are not that rare, even i have a copy of metroid prime first hunt and zelda collection :)

i also have uncharted 3 explorer edition, it's worth a lot of money but it's not rare though.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zelda I & II NES gold carts
N64 Zelda OOT and MM gold carts
Terranigma PAL
Complete DonkeykongCountry I, II, III.
Hagane, Illusion of Time.
GC zelda collectors edition PAL
Super Metroid
Megaman X2, X3 PAL, (wish I had the first game..)
Zelda alttp
Lufia DUTCH
Castlevania Vampire's Kiss pal
Secret of Mana PAL
Faxanadu PAL
Probotector I

Still looking for Secret of Evermore PAL english version, and a converter NTSC>PAL with the game Soulblazer ntscu card to complete the soulblazer/illusion of gaia/ terranigma series. Or a PAL version of the game.
Also all game I own are in mint condition.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda I & II NES gold carts
N64 Zelda OOT and MM gold carts
Terranigma PAL
Complete DonkeykongCountry I, II, III.
Hagane, Illusion of Time.
GC zelda collectors edition PAL
Super Metroid
Megaman X2, X3 PAL, (wish I had the first game..)
zelda alttp
Lufia DUTCH
castlevania vampire's kiss pal

Still looking for Secret of Evermore PAL english version, and a converter NTSC>PAL with the game Soulblazer ntscu card to complete the soulblazer/illusion of gaia/ terranigma series. Or a PAL version of the game.
Also all game I own are in mint condition.

Holy crap, you are sitting on a gold mine!

Reactions: Hielkenator

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no point in me listing games that are limited/special/collectors editions because most likely there is over 1 mil other people that have also (well maybe not as much but you get the point, they were not that limited or rare)

I do have a few odder items that had a limited run and were promo items

the zelda vhs preview was a promo item from toys r us that they sent in the mail (not sure why I got it as I didnt own a n64 any wasnt in any toys r us club or list)

and the rdr john hillcoat dvd movie was a very limited run in an rdr amazon bundle, even in used condition I can probably get over a $100 for it

the rouge galaxy flag and demo disc was sent to "some" psu members (most of them anyway, I remember alot of people complaining they didnt get it)

there is also another rare item, a god of war chains of olympus demo pack, included a umd demo disc and a special omega logo psp charm promo item, you can see it here, I cant seem to find mine right now http://shinigamer.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/god-of-war-chains-of-olympus-demo/

20130211165713.jpg

20130211201404.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.