Hacking What Problems have you Experienced with DSTT?

chaotic1ne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i havnt had any problems so far, its a pretty good card. although the card reader sucks, i tried to use it just for kicks, and it didnt read the sd card and the memory card got stuck! took me about 5 to dislodge it out of the reader.

quake might be a problem for me to get working, going to try and get that to work tonight

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreatFox,

Sometimes when you look at the files on the microSD card on your PC, it will appear as though it has the right case whereas when you look at it in DSOrganize, it will be in uppercase. So even though the extension appears to be in lowercase like it's supposed to on the PC, it may not really be and the DSTT may not be reading it properly.

Anyway...use an untrimmed version of the .nds file and then use DSOrganize to look at the save file and make sure it has a lowercase extension as it should (the other characters in the filename should be exactly the same as the .nds file). I can't think of any other reason that game wouldn't work with the DSTT, other than perhaps if your .nds file is corrupt (you can use Rominator to do validate the rom and make sure it's not corrupt).

-Bri

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't completely fill your ttds mem card, because if you do when it tries to create a new game save file it will wipe all the files on the card and you will only be left with a few corrupt files.

GreatFox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Bri said:
Sometimes when you look at the files on the microSD card on your PC, it will appear as though it has the right case whereas when you look at it in DSOrganize, it will be in uppercase. So even though the extension appears to be in lowercase like it's supposed to on the PC, it may not really be and the DSTT may not be reading it properly.

I already told you, It's not savefile. If it was, it wouldn't even load game (Error: Missing .sav file, known from Contra 4). So duh.

QUOTE('Bri') said:
Anyway...use an untrimmed version of the .nds file
QUOTE('GreatFox')
Trimmed or not, It won't load.

Anyway, I got it running. I don't know cause, but first time it hanged about 20secs with 2 white screens, then it started.
So now it works perfectly. And that leaves only one problem I've experienced with DSTT: Tower Defence 0.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc