Gaming What percentage of DS games are worth playing?

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why do people even bother caring about this? I mean sure its an interesting thing to ponder about, but it seems like most people are like " ooh the NDS is bad it has so many bad games only like 3% is worth playing. The game developers dont care anymore yadayada"

First of all, the reason the NDS has such low % of good games, is not becaues there is a lack of good games, it is because there is an abundance of shovelware. if you think the PSP even has 1/2 amount of good games that NDS has then rofl. Second of all, the reason for more shovelware than before (Though shovelware has always existed, on original GB, and GBC) is not because game developers don't care anymore, it is because gaming has become alot more casual. There are alot more people outside of the usual gaming audience who has a DS, do they not deserve games that they would enjoy? There is a huge amount of 5~ish year olds who have a DS who probably love all the shovelware they get served.

And about it being easier to make shovelware now so thats why there is so much of it, yes, obviously its easier nowadays to make a bad game than a good game, but I also think it is 'harder' so to say to make a good game now, than it was back in the gameboy days. Which is why games which now would probably have been made as shovelware, they took the time to make it somewhat good in the gameboy days, becaues it wasn't that huge of a difference from a good game to a bad game.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many games not worth playing...

But the games that are worth playing could make a nostalgic memory in your lifetime.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say a lot of the games the DS has are worht playing. Yes, a lot of the general stupidity series aren't that good, but there ARE a lot more then just 10% of the games. I'd estimate about...35%.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say maybe about 10% are really stellar and maybe 25% are at least worth looking at. To someone that said around 40% you need to go look at a dump release list at least once a week and tell me you'd play 40% of those games. The majority is nothing but trash. Hell it's like there's at least a damn imagine series or horse game every other week.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
15%.

If you know what you are looking for, the DS can be enjoyable, it has a pretty diverse library. Though, most of the games worth playing are actually from japan.

Most worth playing are of course, the Nitnendo IPs. And the DS is actually getting attention from some nice game makers like Level 5 and 5th Cell cos of the lower dev cost. And XSeed has been locallising some cool games for Nintendo consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY