What Option Do I do on ModMii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ComeTurismO, Oct 26, 2011.

Oct 26, 2011
  1. ComeTurismO
    OP

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Whenever we enter our Mac address, do I press cut the red or the blue wire?

2. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Any, i think the blue or red wire is just a joke or maybe a reference to something.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    ModMii =/= LetterBomb. If you cannot tell the difference, I don't think you should be doing anything related to homebrew on your Wii (right now), you will quite likely brick your Wii shortly.

My advice (which is not to give up on homebrew) is to go and read about stuff before you proceed. Knowledge is the best defence against bricks. Know exactly what everything is, what it does and why you need it before using it on your Wii.

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    And first things first, make a nand backup from within bootmii just in case you make a noob mistake.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Duh! It's a classic reference to movie scenes where the good guy has to disarm an armed and ticking bomb (the idea is that if you cut the wrong one, the thing will blow immediately). I remember it being used in the movie "Live wire", but it happens in other movies as well.

I gotta agree with Sifjar, though. If you can't tell the difference between programs, or have to start threads about things like this, then softmodding isn't for you (yet). Study up before you do something...it pays off in the long run.