Hacking What is wrong with my homebrew install?

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all seemed to be working fine until I deleted a bunch of save files for old games I didnt have anymore and called it a night. Then suddly the next day it's just decided to not function. For example suddenly the installed title I was playing is listed as corrupted data. Checking the software for corrupted data just freezes the system. I tried reinstalling the game with DBI and it will install without issue. However after the install the game will never load on the home menu. It will appear but never load an icon. DBI will just list the title as ???. I tried installing Tinfoil, but it's installer just crashes, and well oddly enough just opening any app including my own cart is giving errors sometimes. Restarting the system seems to fix that last one though.I have an emunand on a fat32 SD card running the latest atmosphere, Hekate, and Sigpatches.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It all seemed to be working fine until I deleted a bunch of save files for old games I didnt have anymore and called it a night. Then suddly the next day it's just decided to not function. For example suddenly the installed title I was playing is listed as corrupted data. Checking the software for corrupted data just freezes the system. I tried reinstalling the game with DBI and it will install without issue. However after the install the game will never load on the home menu. It will appear but never load an icon. DBI will just list the title as ???. I tried installing Tinfoil, but it's installer just crashes, and well oddly enough just opening any app including my own cart is giving errors sometimes. Restarting the system seems to fix that last one though.I have an emunand on a fat32 SD card running the latest atmosphere, Hekate, and Sigpatches.
Try using TinWoo Installer instead.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems like your SD card is corrupted, and possibly faulty.

Ryab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like your SD card is corrupted, and possibly faulty.
I did a full test of the card and zero errors were found. In the end I just ended up backing up everything and remaking the emunand. That seems to have fixed it. Not sure why my own carts would crash though.

OnTheGoRepairs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would reformat the card as fat32 and start from scratch, then make a backup of everything once its all setup nicely (before adding games, that way its a manageable size)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users