Hacking what is with nintendo wifi?

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure the answer is no but is there any chance that either my wasabi mod chip or the homebrew channel can cause the following 91010 disconnection error when playing mario kart it is really starting to p**s me off.

All my m8s that im playing with dont have any problems and they all have factory standard wii's with nothing done to them but I continually get kicked off with the mentioned error its an original copy of mario kart so can't be that im using the disc no USB launcher or anything.

My wii is a 4.0 updated to the latest version through the official nintendo update method I assumed this was safe as I have boot mii as boot 2 and a NAND backup prior to the update so if anything is toast il simply restore it but does anyone else keep seeing this error or know what causes it?

Its not a firewall or router issue as I have the wii completely open and I have setup QOS based on the wii's mac so it is in the highest class so I really don't get what keeps getting me kicked off!

Im thinking about returning my wii to factory state removing all homebrew wads etc and then bannerbomb etc to reinstall it! anyone got any good guides for this? or better than that a solution to stopping the continuous disconnects!

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry bout that got abit carried away have edited it now to make it abit easier to read, anyway the reason for the modchip was that the USB loader etc where not about when I got it if that is the case I will remove it!

Anyone else clarify they have had the mentioned issue because of a mod chip?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MK Wii gives 91010 to me too. Probably 2-3 times a sitting (usually playing for an hour). No chip here. Does it with retail or USB Loader copy.

Friend has no loaders at all and gets 91010 too. He can't even log on.

Big N says unstable network. That is likely true for me (AP is on another floor on the other end of the house), but my friend's wii is sitting 20 feet from his AP.

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
odd well glad to know im not alone but as I said im certain its not the router as I have QOS setup for the wii and a firewall rule to let everything to it through and back so I was thinking possibly HBC or something as none of my friends get it and the only difference between me and them is HBC and mod chip.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the money to buy discs then just get a External HD for $40-$70 and use usb loader. It always works compared to using discs which sometimes dont work when burning

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im using a legit bought version of mario kart although it makes no differnce if I use the usb loader or my original it still randomly gives this error im stumped now im going to swap the router for a spare one I have at the weekend to see if it is that, failing that I may get a usb ethernet connection to test that but from what im hering I don't think that its because of the HBC

jonjosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error Code: 91010

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by issues with your Friends Roster. Have you added someone new to your friend roster just before the problem occurred?
What to do:

1. Check your Friends Roster for any duplicate Friend Codes. Delete any duplicate Friend Codes and test the connection again.

2. Remove the newest Friend Code and test the connection.

Delete one friend code at a time, working backwards, testing the connection as you go. (Be sure to write them down before deleting them, so you can re-enter any Friend Codes that were not the problem.)

If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.

Hope that helps!

I got it from here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;action2.y=25

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by issues with your Friends Roster. Have you added someone new to your friend roster just before the problem occurred?

What to do:

1.Check your Friends Roster for any duplicate Friend Codes. Delete any duplicate Friend Codes and test the connection again.

2.Remove the newest Friend Code and test the connection.

Delete one friend code at a time, working backwards, testing the connection as you go. (Be sure to write them down before deleting them, so you can re-enter any Friend Codes that were not the problem.)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;action2.y=18

Beat by a few seconds.........

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erm, the above info is for the 91010 on DS...They aren't the same.

This is for wii:
From http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;locale=en_US
Nintendo Support Website said:

Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by an unstable network connection. The issue could be with your connection environment, your friend's connection environment, or a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please retry your connection later

If you have waited a few hours and are still experiencing issues, try the following:

1. How are you connecting online? The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is only compatible with Cable, DSL, and Fiber-optic internet connections. If you are connecting via Satellite, EV-DO (cellular), Dial-up, or other types of connections, then you should try to use an alternate type of connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.

2. The error may be caused by a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted (such as the channel). Please review our general router troubleshooting.

3. Some games may need certain settings on your router enabled or disabled to allow a successful connection with other players. This can include UDP and firewall settings that will vary from router to router. You can view our router pages by clicking here. If your router is listed, check to see if there are any special notes that may help. If there is no information for your particular router or you need further assistance, check out Nintendo's Tech Support Forums. Other users may have already found the solution you're looking for.

If you have tried all of the steps above with no success and you have been encountering the error for a period of at least a few hours, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

shepe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No i didn't download a save file its completely from scratch,

I have seen the friend code thing and removed all the friend codes and added them one by one again with no difference.

I don't belive its possible for it to be the mod chip as I dont see any way for them to detect it being there otherwise surely they would just program the games to recognise it and not work!.

Iv thought about the possibility of it being the router which is what made me put QOS on for the wii but that didn't make a difference, I'm going to switch the router with a spareone I have at work but if it continues after that I think I need to buy a wired adapter and see if that resolves it.

It just seems odd that none of my m8s have had the problem, and as for when it started happening well I didnt play my wii much at all I have only recently within the last 2 weeks started playing it again and it has been happening from the day I started playing online again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone