what is with nintendo wifi?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shepe, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

what is with nintendo wifi? by shepe at 8:13 PM (1,825 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. shepe
    OP

Member shepe GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Im pretty sure the answer is no but is there any chance that either my wasabi mod chip or the homebrew channel can cause the following 91010 disconnection error when playing mario kart it is really starting to p**s me off.

All my m8s that im playing with dont have any problems and they all have factory standard wii's with nothing done to them but I continually get kicked off with the mentioned error its an original copy of mario kart so can't be that im using the disc no USB launcher or anything.

My wii is a 4.0 updated to the latest version through the official nintendo update method I assumed this was safe as I have boot mii as boot 2 and a NAND backup prior to the update so if anything is toast il simply restore it but does anyone else keep seeing this error or know what causes it?

Its not a firewall or router issue as I have the wii completely open and I have setup QOS based on the wii's mac so it is in the highest class so I really don't get what keeps getting me kicked off!

Im thinking about returning my wii to factory state removing all homebrew wads etc and then bannerbomb etc to reinstall it! anyone got any good guides for this? or better than that a solution to stopping the continuous disconnects!

2. Technik

Member Technik GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    People like spaces

Not blobs

And its probably your modchip. Whats the point of having a modchip anyway?

3. shepe
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah sorry bout that got abit carried away have edited it now to make it abit easier to read, anyway the reason for the modchip was that the USB loader etc where not about when I got it if that is the case I will remove it!

Anyone else clarify they have had the mentioned issue because of a mod chip?

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    MK Wii gives 91010 to me too. Probably 2-3 times a sitting (usually playing for an hour). No chip here. Does it with retail or USB Loader copy.

Friend has no loaders at all and gets 91010 too. He can't even log on.

Big N says unstable network. That is likely true for me (AP is on another floor on the other end of the house), but my friend's wii is sitting 20 feet from his AP.

5. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    nothing to do with the hardmod, sometimes i always get the disconnected by other players message, it is a wind up, fifa09 is the worst online game :/

6. shepe
    OP

United Kingdom
    odd well glad to know im not alone but as I said im certain its not the router as I have QOS setup for the wii and a firewall rule to let everything to it through and back so I was thinking possibly HBC or something as none of my friends get it and the only difference between me and them is HBC and mod chip.

7. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Being able to play backups at fullspeed through disc channel...

8. Technik

United States
    If you have the money to buy discs then just get a External HD for $40-$70 and use usb loader. It always works compared to using discs which sometimes dont work when burning

9. shepe
    OP

United Kingdom
    im using a legit bought version of mario kart although it makes no differnce if I use the usb loader or my original it still randomly gives this error im stumped now im going to swap the router for a spare one I have at the weekend to see if it is that, failing that I may get a usb ethernet connection to test that but from what im hering I don't think that its because of the HBC

10. Technik

United States
    Its probably the modchip

11. jonjosh

Newcomer jonjosh Advanced Member

United States
    Error Code: 91010

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by issues with your Friends Roster. Have you added someone new to your friend roster just before the problem occurred?
    What to do:

1. Check your Friends Roster for any duplicate Friend Codes. Delete any duplicate Friend Codes and test the connection again.

2. Remove the newest Friend Code and test the connection.

Delete one friend code at a time, working backwards, testing the connection as you go. (Be sure to write them down before deleting them, so you can re-enter any Friend Codes that were not the problem.)

If you are still unable to connect, please call 1-800-255-3700 in the USA or Canada for more information.

Hope that helps!

I got it from here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;action2.y=25

12. wiistarter

Member wiistarter GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Error Code: 91010

Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by issues with your Friends Roster. Have you added someone new to your friend roster just before the problem occurred?

What to do:

1.Check your Friends Roster for any duplicate Friend Codes. Delete any duplicate Friend Codes and test the connection again.

2.Remove the newest Friend Code and test the connection.

Delete one friend code at a time, working backwards, testing the connection as you go. (Be sure to write them down before deleting them, so you can re-enter any Friend Codes that were not the problem.)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;action2.y=18

Beat by a few seconds.........

13. jonjosh

Newcomer jonjosh Advanced Member

United States
    Haha at the same time. But looks like i beat yah. xD

14. chunky

Newcomer chunky Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i had a lot of bother most with fifa and grand slam tennis i bought a lan adapter its a god send well recomended never get booted off now. i just wish every wii owner had one

15. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Erm, the above info is for the 91010 on DS...They aren't the same.

This is for wii:
    From http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;locale=en_US

16. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No....

17. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Did you use a downloaded save file for you MK Wii? And if so, did that save file have a friend code before using it? If not it is probably an internet problem.

18. thc42O

Banned thc42O Banned

Canada
    since when has this been happening

19. shepe
    OP

United Kingdom
    No i didn't download a save file its completely from scratch,

I have seen the friend code thing and removed all the friend codes and added them one by one again with no difference.

I don't belive its possible for it to be the mod chip as I dont see any way for them to detect it being there otherwise surely they would just program the games to recognise it and not work!.

Iv thought about the possibility of it being the router which is what made me put QOS on for the wii but that didn't make a difference, I'm going to switch the router with a spareone I have at work but if it continues after that I think I need to buy a wired adapter and see if that resolves it.

It just seems odd that none of my m8s have had the problem, and as for when it started happening well I didnt play my wii much at all I have only recently within the last 2 weeks started playing it again and it has been happening from the day I started playing online again