Hacking What is this "gamma loader" thing?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Klonoa doesn't work with Gecko OS for me, dunno why so it seems I need some gamma loader.
I did a search over at Wiibrew but didn't find anything on a gamma loader.

What's the latest version of this thing and is it safe to use?

My Wii specs lol
3.2E
WiiKey
Hacked with homebrew channel, starfall and has two Gecko Loaders installed, the latest one and some older version good for Cube games or something

Can someone link me to a download, thanks

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
got that Gamma Loader, but it still doesn't work.
I dunno whats up, I made sure the burn was fine, burned it at 4x like all my games, verified it and it all went smoothly.

Could it be because I don't have the 1.9s update for my WiiKey? Is it safe to install that now with all this homebrew stuff I have on my Wii? I didn't want to install it because of some audio problems it has with some GameCube games on PAL Wiis

I'm mainly worried if it's safe to update now because I have Starfall installed. Should I uninstall all the Starfall things I have first and then update my chip?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
seems like it
frown.gif

I update my WiiKey and still nothing

Can you tell me if it's risky to install a cusom ios now and if I can do it without a wirless connection?

I'm willing to try it because I really want to play this game

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what i think, you have gone this far? why stop? you put the hb channel on, that can brick, anything can brick it all depends if you have the guts or not. Just do it and cross your fingers thats basically any one can do when hacking

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thing is, I couldn't afford a new Wii if this one bricks.
So at least tell me how I should go about installing this custom IOS, I have a guide for hacking the system and that goes through a pretty confusing process of installing a new IOS from what I remember but people here told me that I didn't need that since I already have a chip.

I really want to play Klonoa but I'm not sure it's worth a Wii ~_~ especially since the damn thing is 360 euros over here.

Should I start installing the IOS now, or do I uninstall Starfall first? Could uninstalling starfall brick anything.

man this is no good

D

Deleted User

It is fucking safe . Everybody here already installed cIOS36 rev07. Stop being a paranoid and do it!

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>.> as i said anything can brick anything, the highist chance to brick with this is getting an axe then smashing it or your "power" goes out during a installment.
It takes 5 seconds to install then bamn gamma works its just that easy:O
Also you need iso249 something rather theres many tuts on this site to help you.
Good luck. Hope you have a power generator and the voices not telling you to smash it with a axe thats all you have to fear:P and starfall you dont need to uninstall it

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
thing is, I couldn't afford a new Wii if this one bricks.
So at least tell me how I should go about installing this custom IOS, I have a guide for hacking the system and that goes through a pretty confusing process of installing a new IOS from what I remember but people here told me that I didn't need that since I already have a chip.

I really want to play Klonoa but I'm not sure it's worth a Wii ~_~ especially since the damn thing is 360 euros over here.

Should I start installing the IOS now, or do I uninstall Starfall first? Could uninstalling starfall brick anything.

man this is no good

I simply wanted to know if the order in which i install this stuff matters dude, I have to ask a ton of questions cause, again, I don't live in a place where I can just up and afford new systems as soon as they break so of course I'm paranoid about my stuff.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how Gamma would help much (unless Klonoa has the #002 error)... it's based on GeckoOS.

Try changing the settings around a bit in GeckoOS. Like try setting the language to Japanese.

D

Deleted User

No no no, you need cIOS36 rev07, the newest one.

Unless you're following EoC's guide. And yes, you need an internet connection to proceed with the guide.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well dang, too damn late.
I did the following crap:

"1: Load "Wad Manager" in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, by pressing the + button on your Wii remote. Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

2: Load "Custom WM" in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad by pressing the + button on your Wii remote. You cannot install this wad with the normal Wad Manager (WM is an abbreviated form of Wad Manager incase you're confused). This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

3: Load "IOS Downgrader" in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete. Note: This is NOT the same as the "Custom IOS downgrader". "

and of course it says there was an error and can't proceed cause I don't have a connection.

Now what? I'm stuck with this till I find wireless or something? I uninstalled Starfall too is it at least safe to install that again over this so I can at least play my NTSC WiiWare stuff?

I hate this kinda stuff man, I really hate computers and crap ~_~ wish someone would say i needed a connection when i first asked.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
please tell me, in what state is my Wii now? I don't even know what an IOS is lol
Is it ok if I reinstall the stuff from Starfall with my Wii like this now or should I wait till I complete the whole process and THEN install starfall?

Also I guess I'll have to figure out how to upgrade to that latest cIOS now too

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea what HSG is dude
well Fragile still works even now, but if you know it wouldn't be too hard for you to tell me if it's safe or not for me to install my Starfall stuff again instead of just telling me to read whatever that is.

D

Deleted User

HSG is Homebrew Starter's Guide, found in my sig.

It will explain to you what's IOS, what's cIOS and stuffs.

Starfall is only for 3.2, so, you're stuck there.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
only for 3.2? Says so in my options menu

I only installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using the regular WAD Manager and cios_fix.wad using the cusom VM

then I ran the IOS Downgrader, not the Cusotom IOS Downgrader and that said OK for the first thing it initilized and then error for the connection so it didn't downgrade a thing I think.

I just have those two WADs installed but I dunno if they're active or not

Is it safe to install starfall? It says I'm on 3.2E

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.