What is this cart a clone of?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by stab244, Jul 25, 2010.

Jul 25, 2010

What is this cart a clone of? by stab244 at 4:41 PM (1,171 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. stab244
    OP

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I just went to HK in the hopes that I could pick up some DSi flashcart since most of them seems to ship out from that area. Went to a computer place and asked around and all that they had were R4s so I'm just like WTF. Broke in and bought one anyways, but I don't like the original firmware on it and I want to replace it. Problem is, I don't know what my R4i SDHC is a clone of so I don't know what firmwares I can run on it. They call the card a R4i SDHC but it looks nothing like the one that I've seen before. The site that is listed on the cart is www.r4sdhc.com, which my FF is labeling as an attack site. I will post some pics of the cart later...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I believe the star wars icon means it's a DSTT clone. I'm guessing you'll have to use YSMenu.

3. stab244
    OP

United States
    Okay. I'll try that.

EDIT: Okay just tried it and it doesn't seem to work at all. Any other ideas?

4. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    what error code?

5. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    oh man clones sucks

6. stab244
    OP

United States
    No error code. Just doesn't load at all. Tried loading the DSTT firmware with Fake Killer disabled and it still doens't work.

In case this helps, the firmware for the cart consist of a R4iMenu folder along with a R4.DAT file and a _DS_MENU.DAT file and random Moonshell 2 stuff.

I'm really tempted to use the $100 I got for my birthday now to buy a SCDS2 w/ a small microSD and then give this cart and the small microSD to my sister now...

7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You'll probably need a larger MicroSD for the DSTWO. You have your GBA Roms, SNES Roms (when it's finally released) as well as DS roms. Plus you have all the homebrew.

8. stab244
    OP

United States
    I have a 8GB Class 4 Kingston right now. Bought that along with that PoS cart. Luckily only like HKD$100 more for the 8GB. Came with firmware and games preinstalled so it was still a pretty good deal IMO.

EDIT: Whoops didn't read what you wrote correctly... I was planning on buying the SC2 w/ a small microSD that I will give away to my sister and then keep the 8GB microSD I already have for use with the SC2.

9. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    so no error when you boot YSmenu?

10. stab244
    OP

United States
    Its more like it doesn't boot at all. Just leaves me at a white screen. I followed the guide in this forum. That one R4i Gold topic since that is a DSTT clone.