XP
Country
United States
Mine is a Dell Dimension XPS T500 from 1999 -
64MB RAM
6GB HDD
500MHz Pentium 3
Windows 2000 and XP (was 98)

So, what's the oldest PC you own? You should be detailed and you could even include a picture!

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mine is a Dell Dimension XPS T500 from 1999 -
64MB RAM
6GB HDD
500MHz Pentium 3
Windows 2000 and XP (was 98)

So, what's the oldest PC you own? You should be detailed and you could even include a picture!

A custom one my dad built for me back in 2008
1GB Ram
Intel Pentium 4
Intel Express 9845G
160GB Hard-Drive
Windows XP SP3 ( Tried running Ubuntu but the BIOS wouldn't let me do it :( )

My dad has computers that are way older but I don't know where they are.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Amstrad_PPC512_open.jpg

Amstrad laptop - no hard drive. Runs on a floppy :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Me laptop is from 2007, me UMPC from 2008.
Me pa has a PC from.... 2004 I believe...
None predates the 00's anymore as I got rid of me old Katmai P3 PC :c

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The oldest computer I still have around is my laptop from 2007. It's an ASUS M50VM with the following specs:

Intel Core2Duo P8600
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
nVidia Geforce 9600M GS

I still use it to this day and It's honestly not too bad considering it's age and specs. The only issue I have with it is that the batteries are completely drained.

D

Deleted User

1986 Commodore 64c, with a 1541 drive, SD2IEC, 2 printers, tape drive and a £50 card to allow ethernet support.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya'll need to step up your game, I still have a Power Macintosh 7300:
ppc7300.jpg

P.S. Mine is considerably aged, it is no longer white but has this interesting beige color. We've lovingly nicknamed it the "Beige Monster"

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got rid of my first pc about 2 years ago when we moved, but up till then it still ran (even though I no longer had an adapter to plug a keyboard into it so it would finish booting). We had it custom built in 1996, it was a pentium 120 (which I assume was overclocked since that was an odd speed) with 32mb ram and a 1.3 gig hd running windows 95. I think we paid between $1000 and $1200 for it. We named it Bill. He was a good pc, ran a bunch of stuff he never should have been able to. May he rest in peace.

Last edited by Foxchild,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either the Vic20 or my Ti-994A too lazy to look up to see what one is the oldest... lol Not even sure they count as PC's? I mean I do have some carts with productivity stuff so I guess so lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I am not allowed the old home computers then I probably still have a 386 somewhere around here I can drag out. If not then I have a few 486s. 486s I do actually get in and do up from time to time as they are pretty good for industrial purposes -- your £200K in the early 90s test tool or computerised machine tool goes down and the mechanicals will probably still easily have 20-30 years of life left on them and still test/produce parts but without the machine to run them...

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The oldest computer I still own is:
Gateway GT5032 Media Center Edition
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ / 2.2 GHz
1.5GB Ram
250 + 80 GB HDD
Running Windows XP Pro SP3

But I used to own a C64... but not anymore

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does an Atari ST count? If not then,

Old pentium 100 machine.

Can't remember the full specs. What I can is

AT form factor
Pentium 100
Orchid righteous 3d accelerator
1GB Hdd (I think).

Didn't come with the 3d accelerator, was added later because I wanted to play resident evil.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oldest computer I currently have is a Macintosh SE SuperDrive. Oldest PC I own is a HP Presario 4508. That thing only had one ram slot and could only max out at 48MB, so it couldn't even run Windows XP. Though I do have a slightly newer machine that ran at 800ish Mhz (not sure of it's exact speed), but the mobo has 2 ram slots (both these machines used PC133 RAM) and could go to 1GB. I only have 128MB in it right now and that's the machine I use for transferring data to the old Macintosh. :P

Both the PCs have USB ports, so they don't predate the USB era. :P

Picture of my Macintosh SE:

snapshot20151018122315.jpg

It also has a SCSI Zip drive connected. I have a parallel version for the old PC I am currently using for transferring data to the Macintosh. (I hope to get Windows XP running on that machine at some point once I get more ram for it)

And yes the Macintosh SE still works. Original parts except for the hard-drive. It's been replaced with a 80MB Apple drive that came from a different machine. I originally bought it for $77 shipped from eBay. Not a bad deal since it also came with a Asente Network PDS card installed which is a rare find for this machine. I ended up trading the network card for a mouse and hard-drive. Keep in mind finding 50-pin SCSI drives for vintage Macintoshes are an expensive endeavor on eBay. (Most go for more then $40+ even for the tiny 20-40MB capacity drives. Which is insane since I have once found a Macintosh LC III on eBay with a hard-drive already installed for a lower price then most of the 50pin SCSI drives I've seen. So hard-drive prices are definitely inflated for some reason. :(

Good thing my Mac came with that rare network card, or I'd still have a machine with no mouse or hard-drive. :P The zip drive I snagged off eBay for only $14 shipped which is also a good deal since most of the ones on eBay are missing the cords (mine came with all the cords needed to use it) and are selling for $20-$30 on average. The parallel zip drive I got as part of the trade for the network card as well as 2 zip disks. The drive was missing the ac adapter though. I just use the one from the SCSI version as the drives use the same adapter. :P

I used to own a few older PCs but they ended up getting thrown out because I didn't have the room for them anymore. They just aren't worth as much as the old Macintosh machines. :P

I still have the old 30 pin ram simms I pulled from the oldest PC I had before I threw it out, so they weren't completely wasted. That pc I forgot what specs it had, but it used the same type of ram my Macintosh SE uses, so that means it was quite old. Though that doesn't beat the oldest PC I ever owned and that was a massive all in one design PC with built-in monochrome CRT and two 5 inch floppy drives. That thing was built in 1985 or something and was actually older then me. :P (I was born in 1987)

I no longer have it though. Left it behind when we moved as we couldn't take everything with us. That along with a broken Macintosh Classic, Macintosh Plus, and a Macintosh Peforma 520. The Classic and Plus had broken CRTs as I had accidentally broke off the small glass nub at the end of the tube when working with the neck boards. I was probably 17 or 18 at the time. Nearly 15 years ago I would guess. Though I had the Classic since I was 10-12.

The Peforma 520 (also in all-in-one type Macintosh) was a nice machine and was the newest Macintosh I ever owned at one point. Sadly I think I fried the SCSI controller on it as I had attempted to plug a second hard-drive into it. At the time I didn't know SCSI needed proper termination and drivesr IDs set. Normally the first drive would need termination resisters removed while only the last drive in the change needed the termination stuff. That and they need to be on unique drive IDs (usually set by jumpers). CD-ROM drives are usually the first in the chain on a Mac. At least I think it was. (this Mac had a caddy based CD ROM drive, so the drive was useless to me. :( )

So that one would have been a more involved repair or would have needed an new logic board. So would be a more expensive fix then the others.

I regret leaving those behind because if I still had them, they would be easy fixes as the Classic only needed an new CRT and the Plus had a minor issue with the motherboard cable needed to be angled the right way before it would turn on. (it too would need a new CRT too)

Of coarse The Classic is among many of the older Macintoshes that are known to have capacitors that have gone bad. So if I somehow still had the machine, it likely would have had to have it's capacitor's replaced by now. :P Either way I'm sad I no longer have them. I pretty much got them all for free and they would be worth quite a bit now if they were fixed. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's relegated to the loft, and I probably won't be firing it up ever again, but my old MMX is still there:

Pentium 200 MMX
16MB RAM (upgraded from 8) EDIT: Think I eventually updated it to 32MB..
2GB HD (upgraded from summat like 540MB, can't remember exactly)
3DFX VooDoo 3 (yeah a later upgrade - wasn't splashing out over £100 for the Voodoo 5 if I remember)
Soundblaster 64bit (upgrade)
Windows 95

Used to run Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament that bastard.... had a hissy fit at Half Life though..
Before getting that though I'd kept my trusty Amiga 1200 going for all my comp/game/pr0n needs! ;)

Last edited by mightymuffy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2