Hacking What is the difference between reiNand and auReiNand?

sirgilmour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have installed reiNand on my new 3ds and it works ok, not as many options a as RxTools... I also noticed i my dsi game installation failed, and gba installed but wont launch.

Can you tell me what is different if i install aurReinand, and a link to a video or simple tutorial on how to install it would be nice.

Is it possible to have multiple cfw? if so do they each need a separate folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder on the root of the sd?

D

Deleted User

I was wondering the exact same thing.. thanks for making the thread for me

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
AuReiNAND uses ReiNAND as the base, but has different features added:
AuReiNAND now features these features ReiNAND doesn't (yet)
AGB/TWL patches
The entire configuration menu
And several other minor changes.
AuReiNAND is basically, ReiNAND, but tricked out more features and more "userfriendly."

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNAND uses ReiNAND as the base, but has different features added:
AuReiNAND now features these features ReiNAND doesn't (yet)
AGB/TWL patches
The entire configuration menu
And several other minor changes.
AuReiNAND is basically, ReiNAND, but tricked out more features and more "userfriendly."

I couldn't have said it any better myself!...honestly I couldn't have because I had no idea either :)

Reactions: Redirr

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I couldn't have said it any better myself!...honestly I couldn't have because I had no idea either :)
Almost all the features she lists on her thread are exclusive AuReiNAND and not present in the current ReiNAND.
Which are basically the major differences ^_^ I simply quoted her thread in my own words.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a option to have aureinand so something like rei in reinand next to the frimware number? thats the only thing i dont like about aureinand(just being paranoid)

Reactions: Redirr

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
is there a option to have aureinand so something like rei in reinand next to the frimware number? thats the only thing i dont like about aureinand(just being paranoid)
from the main post of the aureinand thread
"Show current NAND in System Settings": This enables the built-in 3ds_injector to display the current NAND/FIRM instead of "Ver." in System Settings. The strings that can be shown are: Emu (first EmuNAND booted with firmware.bin), Emu9 (first EmuNAND booted with firmware90.bin), Emu2 (second EmuNAND booted with firmware.bin), Sys (SysNAND booted with firmware.bin), Sys9 (SysNAND booted with firmware90.bin).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just use use different custom boot splashes between my CFW's, so I know which one I am currently booting into.
But right now quoted from her threads

No ARM9 thread (in the official builds, this provides the "Ver." cosmetic patch in System Settings, which happens to patch random "Ver."s in FCRAM, and thus made me uncomfortable, and FCRAM dumping).
She was able to get an ARM11 editor, which she added "sys" or "emu" in the system settings, so you know if you are running on either sysNAND or emuNAND.

Reactions: dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from the main post of the aureinand thread
"Show current NAND in System Settings":.

i just selected that in the aureimenu and it show emu next to my firmware version. Don't know how i missed that in the menu. thanks.

AuReiNand does patch the version string to say either Sys or Emu. I could probably compile a custom string if you really wanted.

thanks but that ok. I just wanted spmething so i can see that im in emunand and not freak out thinking someone updated my sys.

Last edited by dragonblood9999,
Reactions: astronautlevel
D

Deleted User

does no one read the first post of the threads anymore -_-
not trying to be a dick but if you read them you would know the differences
i never bothered to check the posts, what would be the point if i'm already doing fine with my setup of menuhax + Rxtools emunand

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
i never bothered to check the posts, what would be the point if i'm already doing fine with my setup of menuhax + Rxtools emunand
-_- if someone is looking for info and that info is IN the main post of the things they are asking about they should read them. 75% if not more of the posts i see everyday are from people not reading the first post of the thread(you know the one with all the info in it) or not bothering to read a few posts back.

squishyscrump

Trophies
XP
Country
If i wanted to go from reinand to aureinand would i have to wipe my emunand and start again or just replace some files on my sd card?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And yet, your two posts in this thread took more time than it would have taken to read the first post in the AuReiNand thread.

If i wanted to go from reinand to aureinand would i have to wipe my emunand and start again or just replace some files on my sd card?

No, just delete the Rei and and copy over the AuRei files (including the firmware).

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that ReiNand doesn't have reboot patches on O3DS, for games like MH4U and Smash Bros. So it's best for O3DS users to stick with AuReiNand.

But the question is, is it worth using ReiNand for N3DS users, or just AuReiNand for both o3DS and N3DS?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I heard that ReiNand doesn't have reboot patches on O3DS, for games like MH4U and Smash Bros. So it's best for O3DS users to stick with AuReiNand.

But the question is, is it worth using ReiNand for N3DS users, or just AuReiNand for both o3DS and N3DS?
I haven't looked at reinand in ages but unless something changed its n3ds only while aureinand is both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/xbox-series-x-2-2tb-090117688.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR...