What is the best unique food in Canada?

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my school we have to do a project on unique food from any country of our choosing.
I chose Canada, and I found long lists of food but they resembled American foods to much and I'm looking for delicious unique Canadian food only.
So can any of our Canadian members or any member recommend me any unique foods from Canada?

Edit: Can't be Alcohol

Edit2: I only need 4 food items but i'd still love to hear other foods if I ever go to Canada so i can try them out

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unique food in Canada..? Or do you mean a unique Canadian food? Here in Toronto, its very multicultural. You can find any kind of food so I'm assuming you're talking about food that specifically Canadian.

Poutine [ http://www.splitbrain.org/_media/blog/2008-07/poutine.jpg its a really huge image ] can be one. Fries with gravy and cheese on top. Its really good but so fattening. I wouldn't care, I'd eat it because its that good. It depends where you get it though.

Also, I just found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_cuisine

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help on food choices

PharaohsVizier said:
I think cuisine with maple syrup and salmon fits the bill. I once had this salmon iunno steamed in maplesyrup mixed with water or something and it was sooooo good.

What was this cuisine called it sounds good.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maple syrup?
biggrin.gif
I have no clue really, but salmon should be quite common yes?

D

Deleted_171835

@tails100: That was the most unhelpful post I have ever seen
-
Poutine is unique, I guess. I don't consider it unique because I eat way too often. A Nanaimo bar is great! Originated in BC.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I think cuisine with maple syrup and salmon fits the bill. I once had this salmon iunno steamed in maplesyrup mixed with water or something and it was sooooo good.

That sounds amazing. Where did you eat it?

GundamXXX said:
I heard something about a 'beavertail' once from a canadian friend of mine... still no clue wth it is but it sounded intresting

Totally forgot about that. Note that it actually isn't a beaver's tail. Its a type of dessert.

QUOTE(tails100 @ Apr 29 2010, 07:05 PM)
Maple leaves? Oh and something famous in Canada, Maplestory and all the NX gamecode stuff. I gave you that extra information because I'm nice =D.

I don't get it. Was that suppose to be some kind of joke?

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided i'm going to do the project on
  • Poutine
  • BeaverTails
  • Nanaimo bar or Montreal Style Bagels (which one should I pick the bar or bagel, I want the one with more info)
After I pick between the bar or bagel I need to find some sites about the food so i can get info on it and describe it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill