Gaming What is the BEST quality DS microphone to chat with people online?

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLDR in the bottom.

I usually post on the Wii forums a ton, so it's odd to come on over to the DS forums where I don't know anyone yet. haha So, hi everyone! :lol::P I finally got my DS online, and would love to start chatting with people and friends in Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing etc! :) So, I started looking online, and found.. well.. a few options of microphones. lol All the way from plastic looking MadKats ones, to obscure brand ones, to unbranded looking ones, to the official Nintendo one. :wtf:What I want to know is, which is the BEST built microphone that will last, (I take care of my stuff), which will feel best on my ear/head (as in, do the plastic headphones that have no cushion hurt?), but MOST importantly.. which will pick up my voice the clearest and the best? AND which one will I hear the other people the clearest and the best? I know their microphones quality would factor into this too.

That's my MAIN purpose for buying headphones, is to be able to play with, and hold actual clear conversations with people, without having to say "Sorry | didn't catch that, could you repeat it? Sorry." a million times. lol ...and to perhaps make a friend or two along the way. :yaynds: Preferably female friends... hey. I can't be single forever. :rofl2: haha jk jk *coughs* not really joking. *coughs* :rofl:Ignore that cough, it's just probably corona or something, who knows. lol jk If you're a guy or woman 18+ who wants to play one of those games I listed above on the DS with me, please PM me your friend code, and I'll add you! :) Let's have some fun! (I'm thinking about starting an Animal Crossing game soon! So far, I've only gotten to Mario Kart.)

I noticed that Turtle Beach made stereo DS headphones as well, BUT.. apparently, it was reported by half of the users that those headphones actually once plugged in, broke/blew out their internal DS microphone, and the other half of people had no problems.. SO bizarre. So, if anyone is reading this in the future, avoid those at all costs. It's not worth the roll of the dice.

My DS is a DSi XL if that matters in microphones? I doubt it though, as I think the headphone hole is the same on all versions of the original DS. Thanks in advance everyone! It's nice to meet you all! :D

PS: Idc about blowing into the microphone in games, I'll just use the normal DS mic for that. I only care about finding the headset/mic with the best voice chat quality.

TLDR: Hi everyone! Nice to meet you! :) My MAIN purpose for wanting to buy a DS microphone, is to be able to play with, and hold actual clear conversations with people, without having to say "Sorry I didn't catch that, could you repeat it? Sorry." a million times. lol ...and to perhaps make a friend or two along the way. :yaynds: (Send me your DS friend code in a PM. 18+ only.) What is the BEST all around quality DS microphone to voice chat with people online? Idc about blowing into the microphone in games, I'll just use the normal DS mic for that. I only care about finding the headset mic with the best voice chat quality. I have a DSi XL. Thanks in advance! :)

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think the best game that uses micro and camera is Pokémon Black and White 2 with a DSI obviously, of the other models not. I played it with friends of yesteryear and it was so funny ^_^

DeadlyRevengexX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon B&W2 uses the camera?? Like video chat or just pictures? haha I had no idea the dsi was actually capable of using the camera online. That's so funny, yet cool. I'm super intrigued :wtf: *heads to Google to see footage* lol

Ahh friends of yesteryear... most of which signed off one day, and still haven't come back online for the past 9 - 10 years. haha

I'm glad to know now that Pokemon B&W2 sounds the best! I've been meaning to start playing a DS pokemon game for a while now, I just didn't know which one to start with. I just may start with that one perhaps, mainly because of me being able to chat clearly. Are there any other games online that you've played that are as good/clear in chat as this Pokemon game? :)

Btw, what do you feel is the best quality DS microphone for me to buy? I'm still searching through them online.

Also, thanks for the comment helping me out! ^_^ It's nice to meet you! :lol:

Last edited by DeadlyRevengexX,
Reactions: elenarguez

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes, in the pokemon exchanges you could talk by micro with the other person, even seeing it on camera, it was very cool ^_^
I don't know any other game that's like Pokémon... and I couldn't tell you what micro works well with DS, I'm sorry! :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show