Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi guys,
I want to mount CDs or DVDs on my PC instead of burning them. I remember using a program called virtual CD about 8 years ago..
So anyways, whats the best CD mounting program out there?

Julian Sidewind

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use PowerISO, I didn't like daemon for some reason. And i also tried Alcohol 120% but the one i downloaded had a virus and i got turned off of it. Just so you know your options
smile.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I ususally use Daemon tools too for the times which I have to use detestable Windows, but some Antivirus or other programs report falsely with it.

Since I use Linux for the Most Part (Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS 64-Bit and Fedora 13 Goddard 64-bit), I have a few packages installed such as fuseiso and gmountiso as well as others that allow me to mount ISO's in Nautilus (My File Browswer in Gnome)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I can't remember what was the big deal about D-Tools. It was a good program, but after an update at some point, everybody starting going on about how it contained spyware or malware or something along those lines (can't remember which) and flocked to Alcohol120% instead.

Speaking of, Alcohol120% is a pretty good program. Does everything I need it to, where other programs (especially PowerISO) fail. I also like it more than I liked D-Tools all those years ago.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
screw daemon tools...I don't like it....too much of a fuss and some programs can detect that you have it installed and not run at all!
Fallout 3 detected that I had daemon tools lite installed and didn't run!

use poweriso or magiciso

both are free,lighter and better than daemon tools

(in magiciso you have to download an add-on to mount)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used to use daemon tools, until I understoodd that Nero was bricking my bruning DVD's because of it.
Daemon tools was trying to access the disc right before the burning process, resulting in the last files on the disc to be corrupted.

I'm now using Alcohol120% when I really need it, or use a CDRW/DVDRW.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Please make a proper topic title :S?

2. Virtual clone drive is my mounter of choice under windows, but running deamon tools works most of the time too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv