What is super ban?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by stevenlee85, Aug 26, 2018.

1. stevenlee85
    OP

stevenlee85 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    Malaysia
    Hi I'm new in Nintendo system. I just bought Nintendo Switch and installed SX OS and it worked well.
    Some question to ask expert and genius.
    Super ban is banning the switch account or the device? If I log out the banned account from the console and log in a new account, will it work normally?
    Or super ban is permanent ban both device and account. Even though buy new nintendo switch also will getting ban?
    Thanks. Sorry asking this newbie question.

2. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil
    The "super ban" thing is about Nintendo now being more agressive and banning your console id from CDN access, so plus the old well known restrictions you can't update games or firmware over Ninty servers anymore, just using a nsp installer (or anything else).

SpiffyJUNIOR and stevenlee85 like this.
  3. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    they generally dont pan accounts just consoles a super ban is also called a CDN ban which is when they remove pretty much any online permission even installing system updates

stevenlee85 likes this.
  4. stevenlee85
    OP

stevenlee85 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    Malaysia
    I keep stay in airplane mode. If I don't attempt update the games or go in eShop, any other way to confirm my console is banned or not?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nope, you have to risk a ban to check if you're banned until someone can spoof a connection to check if you're banned (which seems really silly in practice).

stevenlee85 likes this.