Homebrew What is an good program to make :nds: games?

eldhand

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, there is more than 1000 homebrews and you say that every has been maked by two programs, it must be more?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most decent programs are coded in C/C++ using the DevKitARM toolchain. PAlib is a set of libraries that helps make it easier to program, though you'll still need C++ experience. DSGameMaker is built off of PAlib and is an attempt to dumb it down enough to make program creation possible with no coding experience, but I don't know how well it accomplishes this. I've never seen any programs actually made in it before.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DanTheManMS said:
Most decent programs are coded in C/C++ using the DevKitARM toolchain. PAlib is a set of libraries that helps make it easier to program, though you'll still need C++ experience. DSGameMaker is built off of PAlib and is an attempt to dumb it down enough to make program creation possible with no coding experience, but I don't know how well it accomplishes this. I've never seen any programs actually made in it before.
I didn't know any C/C++ when I started with Palib, I've learned some C/C++ from Palib
tongue.gif

Palib is very easy, just check the wiki and the examples if you want to know how something works.

(oh, I had some experience with JAVA before I started with Palib, but that doesn't count, does it?)

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people make games using c/c++ with devkitpro only, or PALib, which basicly simplifies the process. as of gui programs, I believe I cam across two: XtenDS(if i'm correct) and DSgamemaker. If you count DSLUA, thats a choice too, although I never favored Lua xP.

EDIT: YAY 100th post :]

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't know any C/C++ when I started with Palib, I've learned some C/C++ from Palib
tongue.gif

I doubt that, Palib's "language" and C++ are two entirely different things. (Though it's been a year since I last touched Palib, so I might be wrong.)

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
JDandy said:
tongue.gif

I doubt that, Palib's "language" and C++ are two entirely different things. (Though it's been a year since I last touched Palib, so I might be wrong.)
Yea, that's right, but now I know things like switch and for... and a lot of other things from the C language, I've learned functions and stuff...
Just the bascis...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.