HoboKen95

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see in titles of cia downloads, it says cryptofix, what does that mean? and could I possibly fix Tomodachi Life on rxtools and pasta cfw

dedChar

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
recompiled games without the encryption. mostly a problem for N3ds, because emuNAND goes only up to 9.5

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its for games that you had to visit the eshop to run (going into the eshop would then uninstall all unofficial cia's)
with the cyrptofix, the games run like normal without having to enter the eshop

DJPlayer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its for games that you had to visit the eshop to run (going into the eshop would then uninstall all unofficial cia's)
I can go into eshop without my cias getting deleted :wtf:
Just using PastaCFW and Ygw eshop Spoof

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have no idea where you got that from, eShop has nothing to do with encryption does it?
I don't know what cryptofix does, so you may be right, in that case then cryptofix is rather misleading.
But...
I can go into eshop without my cias getting deleted :wtf:
Just using PastaCFW and Ygw eshop Spoof
Going into eShop will only delete DLC and theme CIAs. Still pretty annoying though.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The eShop (or to be precise, the title information obtained via the ninja server) saves a crypto seed that is required to make parts of the decryption of some 9.6+ titles work.

Can you be a little more precise (if you have that from your own research)? What I'm thinking is that it's nonsense that for every new eShop title from now on a "cryptofix" will need to be released; wouldn't it be easier to have a installer and just get a seed.bin with every title. If that'll work, once standardized, it will defeat the purpose.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I'm thinking is that it's nonsense that for every new eShop title from now on a "cryptofix" will need to be released; wouldn't it be easier to have a installer and just get a seed.bin with every title. If that'll work, once standardized, it will defeat the purpose.
Main problem with that installer idea is that someone needs to find out:

• where/how to interact with the seed db (http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Filesystem_services#SEEDDB has at least some info, but no command headers)
  • how to coerce the ssl module (probably used via http module) to use ClCertA as client certificate when accessing ninja OR if the ssl module coercion fails, a way to decrypt ClCertA
  • how to write a tool that puts all of this together

The seed info is available on ninja independent of whether or not the title in question was purchased or not, but ninja requires ClCertA to access.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
not happened for me :P
(Fantasy Life DLC (nonlegit) is still installed, for example)
I dunno, but when I installed the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies DLC, it was deleted after I went into the eshop.

The eShop (or to be precise, the title information obtained via the ninja server) saves a crypto seed that is required to make parts of the decryption of some 9.6+ titles work.
That's news to me. There aren't many 9.6+ titles yet though :P

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(going into the eshop would then uninstall all unofficial cia's)
Where did you get that nonsense? That doesn't happen ever. Well, the icon might disappear from sysnand if you try to run unofficial stuff without signature checks patched out, but nothing gets deleted. It will either come back after running a CFW and stay there, or you'll have to unwrap it every time you enter CFW (usually happens with out of region stuff, or when and emunand is used, but linked to sysnand).

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get that nonsense? That doesn't happen ever. Well, the icon might disappear from sysnand if you try to run unofficial stuff without signature checks patched out, but nothing gets deleted. It will either come back after running a CFW and stay there, or you'll have to unwrap it every time you enter CFW (usually happens with out of region stuff, or when and emunand is used, but linked to sysnand).
maybe because it happened to me?
it deleted all my themes and dlc

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe because it happened to me?
it deleted all my themes and dlc
Consider yourself unlucky then, because countless others have never had that happen. I doubt you would ever want to play around at all after that, but it would be interesting to compare free space on your SD card before and after (to see if it's really deleted or just the tickets, or ??). And did it happen after you bought some legitimate stuff? I always remove things from data management and I always visit the eshop, but my stuff doesn't get deleted. The icon will go away if I try to run something straight from a cold boot, but I get to unwrap it again when I enter a CFW mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?