Gaming What happens when yout a 3DS game in a DSi.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/17/heres-wh...ridge-in-a-dsi/

As you would expect, absolutely nothing happens, it's not even recognized as a game.

EDIT: Sorry for the bad topic name, my keys were sticking
smile.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RoMee said:
than what the heck is that little tab on the upper left for??
is it just there so people can't stick it in their DSi?
Most likely. I mean it doesn't work in the DSi, but they are just making sure people know it's not going to work by adding a little nub to it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ikki said:
Wow, what a useless experiment.
Someone had to do it. Think about it, once the 3DS is released outside of Japan, you know we are going to get a shit ton of thread asking if they can do that and a shit ton complaining about it not working. Like how people were about the DSi-Ware on DS Lites.

mysticwaterfall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's obvious it wouldn't work, I think the important thing is how it doesn't work. By not even being recognized as a game, it shows there's a different structure to 3DS games then DS games even though they use the same cartridge design (more or less). As opposed to say GBC only games, which booted on a normal GB but displayed a warning message that they wouldn't work.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this is pointless but there are a bunch of people who ask this question.
like on yahoo answers, I've seen 5 questions within the last month asking if they can play cats and dogs on their dsi because they don't need the 3D effect.
it's stupid but I'll be linking it to educate the less knowledgeable.

mysticwaterfall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tehnoobshow said:
Well this was kinda pointless............which retard would actually try to attempt this?

You would be surprised. There's been at least 5 topics here about if 3DS games work on the DS, and there's over 20 easy at Yahoo Answers.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo shouldn't of named it the nintendo 3ds. I seen parents at various stores tell their kids no about pre-ordering them. Telling their kids it's just another DS with a longer top screen.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I wish most of you who posted understood the situation more closely. As Mddy explained, it's not about it running it. It's about how it would handle it.

As it is right now, people are fearful of using a DS flashcard in a 3DS because it was rumored that it might brick the unit/card. What if using a 3DS card in the DSi would have bricked the unit/card? No one wanted to try because they knew it "wouldn't work" as far as trying to play the game, but this one person wanted to see "what would happen" in the case if it would affected either hardware piece. Fortunately, we see nothing negative except for a filed-off nub of a 3DS game.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't the first time that Nintendo used the physical medium shape to block insertion of new games into old systems.

Look at a gameboy cartridge, they had an indented corner where on the original gameboy, the power switch would "lock" the cartridge in place (preventing its removal whilst the power is on)

wbOHM.jpg

Now check out a Gameboy Color exclusive cartridge, that indented corner has been "filled", which actually prevents the gameboy from even powering on.

G8fSY.jpg

Of course, that method of blocking doesn't work on something like a Gameboy Player for the SNES, so they had to soft-program an error message as well.

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
tehnoobshow said:
Well this was kinda pointless............which retard would actually try to attempt this?

You would be surprised. There's been at least 5 topics here about if 3DS games work on the DS, and there's over 20 easy at Yahoo Answers.
Well i guess the world's retarded count is increasing at a shocking rate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD