Hacking What happens when I factory reset my old 3DS

Hydeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I'll put my question here, as someone created a topic with this question.

"So I bought a friends 3DS XL (Older model) last day, and I was thinking about doing a factory reset on it, just so I can make it my own with friends and things like that. The 3DS is on version 11.4, I have Luma installed and if I press start when powering the 3DS it shows Godmod9.
My friend installed the softmod last year, but didn't play his 3DS too much, so there's a lot of things that need update. (I did update my Freeshop, as I wasn't able to download Pokémon Ultra Sun on 2.2 of freeshop.)
I'm really bad with this stuff and I don't want to make mistakes, brick it or even lose the CFW, as right now I can't buy an flashcard, so it's safe to factory reset it as I have seen? And after that, what should I do to make things work again?"

Reading this topic, it's safe to assume that I can factory reset it, so what steps should I take to put everything again? Would I need a flashcard, or I just need to install FBI?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'll put my question here, as someone created a topic with this question.

"So I bought a friends 3DS XL (Older model) last day, and I was thinking about doing a factory reset on it, just so I can make it my own with friends and things like that. The 3DS is on version 11.4, I have Luma installed and if I press start when powering the 3DS it shows Godmod9.
My friend installed the softmod last year, but didn't play his 3DS too much, so there's a lot of things that need update. (I did update my Freeshop, as I wasn't able to download Pokémon Ultra Sun on 2.2 of freeshop.)
I'm really bad with this stuff and I don't want to make mistakes, brick it or even lose the CFW, as right now I can't buy an flashcard, so it's safe to factory reset it as I have seen? And after that, what should I do to make things work again?"

Reading this topic, it's safe to assume that I can factory reset it, so what steps should I take to put everything again? Would I need a flashcard, or I just need to install FBI?
Performing a factory reset will not remove CFW. After a factory reset, you can follow this guide to re-add your homebrew applications: https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html

You will also have to re-add freeShop, preferably using the 3dsx version.

Reactions: Hydeo

Hydeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I'll follow those steps, but I've one more question:
There's a part in finalizing setup that I didn't understand.

"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

Do I need to do it too, or not?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, I'll follow those steps, but I've one more question:
There's a part in finalizing setup that I didn't understand.

"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section."

Do I need to do it too, or not?
Well, do you have an emunand/rednand? (check the partitions list in GM9) And if you do, are you actively using it? (check the documentation/settings of your CFW)

Hydeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I guess I don't have it on my gm9.
But now I have a problem with one of the steps of the guide. My 3ds now is on Sys 11.6, but I can't access the Rosalina Menu. I'm doing the combo right by pressing Left Bumper, Down and Select, but nothing happens. lol

Last edited by Hydeo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: