Hacking What happens after Feb. 4th?

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oddly enough, after I switched back to Beta 1 of Gateway.. I'm unable to get in to my settings on the EmuNAND. It just keeps loading, like sudeki300. Meh, at least I can still play ROM's still.

DeckardBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll have to change my launcher.dat to b1. I left it before at b2 since I figured I was only using Gateway anyways (I know too trusting).

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oddly enough, after I switched back to Beta 1 of Gateway.. I'm unable to get in to my settings on the EmuNAND. It just keeps loading, like sudeki300. Meh, at least I can still play ROM's still.

The reason because it hangs on the loading screen is because 7.1 had update the eshop, settings (and maybe others apps) so the GW 2.0b1 was not patched for those apps, but b2 was, together the code of random doom! hahaha

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having problems with youtube hanging in b2? Is it also because of the update?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
updated youtube use a new method to obtain the encryption keys, same as savegames using the new keyY method.
Savegame still work by falling back to 2.x key to create/read the save, but application/games already encrypted with the new key can't be decrypted.
There's a chance this is a "look at what we can do" from nintendo, and will be largely used later. without updating your console, you won't be able to use new application/games.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to run Emunand 7.1 that was created with Gateway 2.0B2 on Gateway 2.0B1? All I want is to continue to play my Phoenix Wright game

szh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Anyway to run Emunand 7.1 that was created with Gateway 2.0B2 on Gateway 2.0B1? All I want is to continue to play my Phoenix Wright game

Yes, it will work fine, excepting the known bugs of 2.0b1. But you should be able to play your eShop game in Classic Mode.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it will work fine, excepting the known bugs of 2.0b1. But you should be able to play your eShop game in Classic Mode.
The thing is I currently have Emunand 7.1 made with my 3DSLink, and when I put the 3.0 launcher and enter GW mode it doesn't go to my 7.1 emunand.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
even though i have emunand 7.1 and launcher 2.0b1, i can still get into emunand and play super mario 3d land that i got from eshop without issue. as with the language bug and other problems with 2.0b1 i decided to grab another SDcard and put launcher 1.2 and run that for the time being.....................sudeki300

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The thing is I currently have Emunand 7.1 made with my 3DSLink, and when I put the 3.0 launcher and enter GW mode it doesn't go to my 7.1 emunand.
Maybe they changed the header in the emuNAND's first sector.
they changed the name of the FAT partition in 3.1 and newer, maybe the same name is used as emuNAND signature and was changed too?
You should try to create a new emuNAND SDcard with 3.0 and compare the Sector 0 of both your SD card.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they changed the header in the emuNAND's first sector.
they changed the name of the FAT partition in 3.1 and newer, maybe the same name is used as emuNAND signature and was changed too?
You should try to create a new emuNAND SDcard with 3.0 and compare the Sector 0 of both your SD card.
Thats probably the case I remember someone saying that the new emunands for the cards had the header of 3DSCard or something like that while the old one was R4iGOLD or something like that

arlips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So correct me if I'm wrong but in case this actually is real, can we just set our 3DS's clocks way back so they never even come close to Feb 4th 2014 (like set it sometime in 2011 or something), at least until all this blows over?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
or just use safe version , like mathieulh has said this is just another check of the brick code. Any launcher.dat version that hasn't bricked yet won't brick now either , so just leave 2.0b2

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
or just use safe version , like mathieulh has said this is just another check of the brick code. Any launcher.dat version that hasn't bricked yet won't brick now either , so just leave 2.0b2

And where did he say this? First post is from someone named pong and has a lot of could and maybe and possible in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn missed this one...