Canada
also lol
FJBIrdDXsAwp14C

Sm0k3r83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since when is having to pay over $200 for extra hardware to hack a switch not a pain?
It is what it is, you think I liked having to pay double for an RTX 3070? Hell No, but with the way the world economy is right now and parts shortages everywhere, it just is what it is either suck it up and pay or dont and sit there with your little pity party

Reactions: BigOnYa

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Anyone got a HACKABLE switch for MSRP?
Is there really an "MSRP" at this point? They are not manufactured anymore, it's a discontinued model, the "manufacturer" stopped giving them to retailers with a "suggested retail price" a long time ago. The used market is now the only place where you'll be able to buy one of the limited amount of them that exist in the world, and higher prices should be expected since the demand for it is so high.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It is what it is, you think I liked having to pay double for an RTX 3070? Hell No, but with the way the world economy is right now and parts shortages everywhere, it just is what it is either suck it up and pay or dont and sit there with your little pity party
Keep supporting scalpers by paying scalper prices, facepalm...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thankfully I bought my Alienware in July of 2020 with an RTX 2060 that has run everything I want, including MSFS, flawlessly. I won't be in the market for a new GPU for at least 10 years because I have no need for future 4K AAA games at my age.

But I refused to pay extra for a Wii when it first came out and was being scalped. I didn't manage to get one until November of 2007, nearly 1 year to the date after they were released. I didn't pay extra. Victory for me! What I soon learned: The Wii was so special and so unique that the extra $150 I would have had to pay a year earlier would have been worth every penny to have it during that year that I didn't. Yes, we hate the scalpers. But you can hurt yourself to sit it out as well. And don't worry: There are tens of millions of people "supporting scalpers by paying scalper prices." You crossing your arms and refusing to won't change the market one bit.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scalpers are generally defined as those that take advantage of market inefficiencies by buying up stock and reselling for higher prices accordingly.

This is closer to an antique seller that finds something no longer made and that people enjoy to have and letting the market decide the price.

Words have meanings.

Reactions: IC_

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scalpers are generally defined as those that take advantage of market inefficiencies by buying up stock and reselling for higher prices accordingly.

This is closer to an antique seller that finds something no longer made and that people enjoy to have and letting the market decide the price.

Words have meanings.
except that in this case, it isn't scalping
I mean, old gen switch and RTX3000 gpu have different reseller, the first being the one you describe, like antique seller, the other being real scalper
old gen switch CAN'T be scalped as they are no longer being produced, so they are like antiquities that anyone can sell at any price
On the other hand, RTX3000 gpu are still being produced, and scalper auto-buy up all the stock with their bots so they can monopolize the market and sell their stuff at gold price
You just can't do that with old gen switch, as i said, they aren't produced anymore, so you can't monopolize the market or buy up all the stock or whatever. You just already own one or you don't. If you own want, you can sell it at the price you want. If someone buys it, he can resell it at the price he wants too, a higher price I suppose, but this isn't scalping, as the first seller sold it willingly, while RTX3000 gpu are sold automatically, the site that sells them doesn't know it sells them all to the same person

See the difference?

Reactions: IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup