Gaming What graphics card should i get?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200 and it irritates me when orange box runs so horribly. I want to get a new graphics card, but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions?

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GTX280... mmm nice card. Mostly a late 9000 series or GTX280 and above. I wouldnt recommend the 9000 series too much actually. I have had a fair few problems with them, and they dont offer much more performance than the 8000 series.

That is of course, if you have the budget. I had a 8800GT for ages, and I loved it. My card had a fan defect though :/ so I had to get rid of it

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please give us more specs on your Motherboard and PSU. As for the topic, don't go and spend a load of money on somat that you won't use that much. What games are you looking or aiming to play? What is your budget? I mean if a iwanted a normal everyday GPU i'd go for either the 8800 GT 1GB or the 9600GT

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I'm correct the 5200 is a AGP card, so you would need a new motherboard which would probably mean a new processor and so on...
you would go better with buildung a new PC

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raki said:
If I'm correct the 5200 is a AGP card, so you would need a new motherboard which would probably mean a new processor and so on...
you would go better with buildung a new PC

Exactly what i had in mind, thats why I've asked for system specs. It's definitely an old PC, my piece of advice is to get a new one.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
JJBro1 said:
how do i tell what kind of mother board i have?
And we're done here
moogle.gif

===
I suppose the easiest way would be to hit pause on boot and simply check the POST messages.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scorpei said:
JJBro1 said:
how do i tell what kind of mother board i have?
And we're done here
moogle.gif

===
I suppose the easiest way would be to hit pause on boot and simply check the POST messages.
Or use CPU-Z, freeware.
You can check your motherboard info, processor info, memory info, and more stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on