Gaming What Gamecube games will be on Wii U?

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games do you guys think will be ported to Wii U Virtual Console?
My Thoughts:
Most A list games from the time, Prime, Prime 2, Paper Mario 2, Sunshine, Wind Waker, etc...
Games that probably won't be on VC:
Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Zelda Twilight Princess
I also hope games like Mario Party and Sonic Adventure DX, the second being more likely than the first, given that Mario Party games aren't as popular as they used to be.

Another thought, Wavebird support? would be nice, but doubtful.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you ported you mean turn up on the VC? In all honesty, i would expect all of Nintendo's first party titles to appear, Four Sword Adventures i imagine could happen if they took time to make it work with the Wii U Controller but at the same time Nintendo probably relise it would make more sence to build a new one

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than the obvious first party titles, I would love to see Resident Evil 0 & REmake. Though I kinda don't see it happening since they already ported them to the Wii and did a mediocre job.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why is Twilight princess unlikely to be ported!? It plays better on a controller then a wiimote anyway!

Because we don't want the same Zelda game on the last three Nintendo consoles.
Ahem, Ocarina of Time ring a bell?
Actually, that's been on more than 3 consoles (64, Gamecube, Wii and 3DS), and as long as people keep claiming it's one of the best Zelda games ever I doubt that will change. Though I disagree with that last opinion.

S

SixSenseEagle

Probably Eternal darkness I have never played Eternal darkness, but One of my friends have and he say that it is a popular gc game and Ign has rated it a 9.6 out of 10 and game reviewers said it's a good game so it will probably be ported to the wii-u Well... I hope it does so I can try it out.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why port Metroid Prime 1&2 when clearly , the Wii version is superior in any way ? But yeah, stuff like Mario Sunshine or Luigi's mansion and Zelda WW could actually be interesting since we didn't see a direct sequel or port on the Wii.
And if they could manage to upscale GC games a la Dolphin...that would be the single handed reason to make me buy all those games again .
But I bet it never gonna happen. With the VC on the Wii nintendo proved that they have no intention whatsoever to improve things, with the excuse of presenting the game in its original form....

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Twilight princess unlikely to be ported!? It plays better on a controller then a wiimote anyway!

I don't think they'd bother releasing it for VC, when the Wii-U can play the Wii version anyway.

But the controls on the Wii version were terrible, plus the map was really weird.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

I don't think they'd bother releasing it for VC, when the Wii-U can play the Wii version anyway.

But the controls on the Wii version were terrible, plus the map was really weird.

You may think that. I have no opinion coz I just don't like 3D zelda games. Regardless of what we think, I doubt that your opinions on the controls are enough to persuade Nintendo in putting the effort into a GameCube VC release when it's already available in another form for the platform.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You may think that. I have no opinion coz I just don't like 3D zelda games. Regardless of what we think, I doubt that your opinions on the controls are enough to persuade Nintendo in putting the effort into a GameCube VC release when it's already available in another form for the platform.

You have a point but by the logic your using this thread has no point since there's a chance nobody here will guess right, I personally think saying there's no possibility that the GCN version would be ported is wrong that's all :)

And there's also the fact that even though you could play Orcarina of Time on the GCN theu still ported the N64 version.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You have a point but by the logic your using this thread has no point since there's a chance nobody here will guess right, I personally think saying there's no possibility that the GCN version would be ported is wrong that's all :)

Nobody said there's no chance; we've only said we think it's unlikely

And there's also the fact that even though you could play Orcarina of Time on the GCN theu still ported the N64 version.

OK, I didn't know that.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had another thought.
Will Nintendo make a converter for GC saves on a memory card to the Wii U, via USB, ala PS3?
But everything I have said is speculation, not fact, mind you.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I also had another thought.
Will Nintendo make a converter for GC saves on a memory card to the Wii U, via USB, ala PS3?
But everything I have said is speculation, not fact, mind you.

I doubt they will. They will prolly just release VC content and say "here you go". I don't think the Primes would come to VC cuz they re-released them on Wii ala Metroid Prime Triology. It would be cool to get them with a makeover, but idk what Nintendo is thinking. One can always hope that all the great titles become available at some point, but then again couldn't they have allowed gamecube support in the WiiU's disk drive and forgo the VC gamecube stuff? I guess Ninty wants more money :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a