perpetualskeptic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I just finished Mother 3 on my GBA (EZFlash 3in1) on my Mother 3 Gameboy micro (I'm a fan of the series) and I'm wondering what I should play next. I'd really like to play Earthbound, but I'm not sure my Japanese is good enough for the GBA version, and I don't feel like using an emulator. I'm looking for an RPG, remake is okay, not Pokemon, just played those recently too, but I want to make sure if there's a version with extra content, that I'm playing that. (i.e. Final Fantasy IV for DS has cooler stuff than for GBA) Playing something on the GBA is important because it's more convenient than my DS for commuting to work. I realize this is a lot of stipulations, but I'm a picky dude. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

perpetualskeptic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been thinkin' about that. I played a little way through the first one several years ago and got stuck. Maybe I should try it again. I loved the old Mario RPG for the SNES. Thanks, I'll put it on my short list. =)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can get Tales Of Phantasia, I highly recommend it. It's a port of a port, it went SNES - PSX - GBA, I've got the actual cart and man do I love it.

Try the Golden Sun games (always recommended), Fire Emblem (not sure on this one), Final Fantasy: Dawn Of Souls (1+2 remakes), the Dragon Warrior ones, perhaps the Breath Of Fire ones (I haven't played the GBA remakes so I can't really comment), Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (DnD-based), Harvest Moon: Friends Of Mineral Town (you may not like it), Summon Night - Swordcraft story 1 and 2 (never played), Lunar Legend, and Sword Of Mana.

Out of those I'd personally recommend Tales Of Phantasia and FF: Dawn Of Souls.

perpetualskeptic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a bit of the SNES fan translation of Tales of Phantasia, was thinking of trying it out. Love the Harvest Moon games, Friends of Mineral Town was one of my favorites, but I'm thinkin' I wanna play a new game. Ob3ktion, I totally agree about Mario VS Donkey Kong, it's fun. Are the Final Fantasy I and II remake really that good? I played a little of FFI for PSX, and it seemed a little simple, not much story.

Also, thanks for the help, everyone!

Gandev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Breath of fire is quite a good game - I wonder why I haven't played it before.It's very addicting
rolleyes.gif

Adydsauza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You should try these interesting games.
Donkey Kong Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land, Xena: Warrior Princess, and The Legend of Zelda.

AAcrazyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant believe nobody has mentioned Final Fantasy VI Advanced! That game is crazy good! It is like the best final fantasy to date! (just google it and you'll find out how good it actually is!) It's a port of the oringal from SNES, and it was/is like the best game for the SNES! Play it dude... trust me, you'll love it!
wink.gif

perpetualskeptic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAcrazyman, I was thinkin' of that, actually. Is there much added content in comparison with the snes game? (i.e. is there enough that I should play the gba port, instead of the psx port with the added cutscenes?)

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ANY Final Fantasy GBA game.

ANY Fire Emblem GBA game.

Fan translations of Mother 3 I hear are good, but you'd have to download it and put a patch on it.

AAcrazyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perpetualskeptic said:
AAcrazyman, I was thinkin' of that, actually. Is there much added content in comparison with the snes game? (i.e. is there enough that I should play the gba port, instead of the psx port with the added cutscenes?)
IDK.... I never played the SNES game.... but I would assume the GBA port has exactly the same amount of content, if not more!
I would play the GBA port over the PSX port just for the chance of there being more content!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Adydsauza said:
You should try these interesting games.
Donkey Kong Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land, Xena: Warrior Princess, and The Legend of Zelda.
FUCK YEAH!

I second all of these. Especially Xena. That game is so fail it's win. (especially since i've never made it to a boss or an actual cutscene, if it has any)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things