Hacking What game has the most loading speed issues with gamma?

coffeeBean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I'm looking to test the loading speed of SDHC cards compared to gamma and usb 2.0 drives. Now, the wii dvd drive runs at 6x which ~8MBs. This puts gamma at 3x so ~4MBs. Class 4 SDHC has a minimum speed of 4MBs while class 6 has a minimum speed at 6MBs. This puts the minimum loading speed from the SDHC cards somewhere in between gamma and the max dvd read speed (thats what i'm thinking). (USB 2.0 is far above the dvd read speed and shouldn't matter for loading).
Thus, I want to know whether loading issues are going to become a problem on SDHC cards. I want to know of a game that had the most loading problems on gamma (stuttering during movies, etc) so I could use that game to test out different cards to see whether this minimum sd speed is gonna become an issue.

shadoxXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I´m not shure, but Smash Bros. Brawl-Original-DVD slightly sux (even Retail
frown.gif
). Ripped it for USB; not thaaaat much better, but at least a little bit.
You may try it
wink.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get any game with stuttering videos... Like Rune Factory or Mario Galaxy... Lots of games have stuttery music in between loads as well.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Metroid Prime 3 door opening benchmark.

Anyway sdhc class x means, guaranteed writing speed x MB/s when writing mpeg streams. The reading speed should always be higher.

coffeeBean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried super mario galaxy with my class 4 SDHC card. I used the first video (bowser on his ship approaching the castle) as the benchmark. There was significant slowdown in sound & video (but not choppy slowdown) with gamma but there was no slowdown with the original and with the class 4 SDHC. This was using rev10 and original sd/usb loader v1.4. The install time was 22:28 for 3.27gb. Right now i'm installing this on my class 6 SDHC to see how long that takes and will update this post after that.

Are there any games that were particularly worse than super mario galaxy on gamma? I want to try the most loading intensive game possible. I would try brawl but that won't fit on my sd and I didn't think the door in metroid was as reliable as some cutscenes in other games (but maybe i don't know enough about the door slowdown).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well if for testing this is, then you should test NFS:Undercover, hence the highway loading is very lame with Gamma, the videos and audio during the loading it is not really that important, but the in-game playing is what matters, I think..!!
wink.gif

coffeeBean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
wario land shake it, has a pretty bad intro in Gamma, it would also be a good test

Ok, I tried wario land shake it with gamma, class4 & class6. The video/audio was really stuttering on gamma. On both the class4 & the class6 sdhc cards, I didn't notice any problems with the video/audio.

From what it sounds like so far, neither class4 nor class6 sdhc are providing a loading issue in games that had loading issues on gamma (2 for 2). For install times on v1.4, both cards had similar install times and thus are probably limited by dvd drive (which i assume would be 3x limited)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
coffeeBean said:
blah blah blah. For install times on v1.4, both cards had similar install times and thus are probably limited by dvd drive (which i assume would be 3x limited)

Only if you are using softmii and a backup, otherwise it should be 6X cause that is the speed reading of the discs in the Wii..!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo