Homebrew What format/codec is bootSound.btsnd?

AdmiralSpeedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What format/codec is the bootSound.btsnd file? I can't seem to find this information anywhere and I would like to modify the one included with HBL because it has some slightly audible static/scratching at the end of it and it's incredibly annoying.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From NWPlayer123,

"I'll be making a documentation thread soon™ (hopefully before the end of the weekend if I'm not feeling too awful) so I can just dump all mine and others' kernel notes somewhere for others to use
Also wanted to post that if you ever wanna listen to the bootup sound for any app, /meta/bootSound.btsnd, open in Audacity, Import -> Raw Data
Signed 16-bit PCM, Big-endian, Stereo, start offset is 12 bytes, 100%, change Sample Rate to 48000Hz
loop point is probably somewhere in those 12 bytes along with maybe a switch for 32K and 48K Hz since DSP supports both"

Reactions: justsomebun

AdmiralSpeedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but where is this actually located on Git? I can't seem to actually find it browsing the RPX branch of the project. All I see is the small one.
In the homebrew_launcher_rpx branch, go to the /channel/meta/ folder.

Thanks for fixing this! That noise is so annoying, when I hear it I think my WiiU just freezed.

Last edited by Mhetralla,

AdmiralSpeedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the homebrew_launcher_rpx branch, go to the /channel/meta/ folder.

Thanks for fixing this! That noise is so annoying, when I hear it I think my WiiU just freezed.

The one in that folder is not the correct one, which I said already. The one in that folder is the one with the annoying sound issue, but Maschell somehow linked to a different version of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up